DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Newbie Having problems getting DJI GO 4 started after update

dwolfe002

Reactions
This could be a long story but I want to get in everything that I can remember. I first updated my ipad mini before knowing the new update was available from DJI. Started up the M2p and tried to fly it and the GPS kept disconnecting. I came back in and later decided to see if I could get GPS to stay connected and I went back out to fly. I got a message and don't remember but I think it was from the app that a new firmware version was available or that it was mismatched. Took it back inside and updated the firmware and everything looked good. Took it back out and tried to fly again. The GPS mode would not stay connected even when the M2P was 20 ft. away. It was cloudy and getting ready to rain so I returned to the house. Then I came back in and started looking on the forum and found out that a new DJI GO 4 app was available so I did another update and didn't get to try it out but figured everything would be good for today when the weather was better. Took it all outside, turned on the controller first, turned on the M2P, turned on the ipad and opened the DJI go 4 app. The controller said it was ready and in GPS mode but the app wouldn't change to GO FLY or READY to fly, or something like that but gave me the option of connecting to aircraft so I tried that. Got to step three where there is a button but not highlighted that says link to aircraft. Even though it was grey, I tapped on it a few times to get something to happen but nothing did. I then tried turning the M2P and controller off and powering up the M2p first and then the controller with the same results. Then, I tried to fly it anyway and it did exactly what I wanted it to do except be able to watch it on the ipad and try to take some pictures.

So my question is, has anybody else had this happen and/or what do I have to do to get it to work. I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything but the loads and they are as follows: IPAD 12.1.3, M2P 01.00.0300 and I assume the remote is the same, and DJI GO4 4.3.12 . Anyone have any ideas? I need help

Hey 002 !
Did you install new firmware in to M2P after you did the go4 last update? See pic for latest versions for dig GO4 and drone firmware...
d27c1389deae1c40fe14c234b02ce356.jpg

If you have these versions and still not connecting than at least you know it’s not a update problem... don’t forget you have to do all your batteries too!

No I didn't reload the M2P. At the time I didn't know there was an update for the app. How do I re-update the M2P. Do I have to do it with assistant 2? The only update I have done is through the ipad which I am new at using also. Right now I'm charging the controller and will try after it is charged. How do I update the batteries?

You probably do want to use the Assistant 2 program to try and reload the OS.

After the update, if it succeeds, power off, change batteries and power back on and it should offer to upgrade the battery, one at a time. Power off, next battery.

It can also update the app on the controller. Power off, cable usb, power on.

Thank you both. It looks like everything works after refreshing the controller and M2p loads. I really appreciate you both for your help. Took it out for a 5 min flight and the GPS stayed connected and got a couple of pics and a short video so I can now try to figure out this camera.

It can be an interesting process although it probably should just be SMOOTH. But with 3 or 4 computers (controller, drone, batteries, phone/tablet or computer) I guess ....

It can be an interesting process although it probably should just be SMOOTH. But with 3 or 4 computers (controller, drone, batteries, phone/tablet or computer) I guess ....

Yea...interesting was not quite the word or several words I came up with but that works. Thank you and Capt. Lou for your help!

Reactions: ff22

Thank you for heading me in the right direction. I just started trying to learn something about photography and searched for information but couldn't find anything or at least yet, strictly about the camera on the M2P. I printed out the user manual for the Mavic 2 and it didn't really tell me a lot and I knew there had to be something more on the camera than just specs. This may help reduce a lot of searching and trial and error. Thanks!

Thank you for heading me in the right direction. I just started trying to learn something about photography and searched for information but couldn't find anything or at least yet, strictly about the camera on the M2P. I printed out the user manual for the Mavic 2 and it didn't really tell me a lot and I knew there had to be something more on the camera than just specs. This may help reduce a lot of searching and trial and error. Thanks!

You might want to check out some YOU TUBE videos ... there’s a bunch on the photography part of this hobby specific to the M2P.... and a lot of things others have found , good and bad.... most of them very helpful

Reactions: brettbrandon
You are welcome.
This is one of the most important things in photography.

exposure-triangle1.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7