DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP: No upgrade from .400 after Dumbledore.

carleido

Reactions

This message has been changed: Problem solved!

How to update:

1) Contact DJI to enter your beta account through forum.dji.com
2) You will find two new download section firmware, beta .350 and .810.
3) When the file has finished downloading and starts transmitting, you need to start video recording from the remote control, this prevents the block and everything is smooth.
4) Update by starting the video recording and making sure it is started.
5) Upgrades to .810.
6) Start video recording after the download before trasmitting the updates to .900
7) Reset to default and restart.
8) Mavic is ready.
9) Upgrades rc without any stratagem, connects and goes straight to .900.

Thank's

Last edited:
I have performed the following tests:

Dumbledore from .900 to .400 for Mavic and RC: All went well.
Everything works perfectly, no problem, the only thing missing is the "fixed wing" function implemented after .600.
That's why I wanted to update, but nothing to do.

Upgrade attempt, with Dji Ass2 to .800 and .900 but it does not work.
Dumbledore from .400 to others: not complete and remains .400.
I tried with: .550, .600, .700, .800, .900 flash update only with .550
With dji Ass2 from .550 does not update at .800 and .900.

Now I've returned to .400 and look for instructions for your experience.
I wanted to upgrade to "fixed wing" and go to .700: I did not succeed.

Thank you

Why would you want to return to the later versions? .400 is about as perfect as they will get.

Fixed wing mode is the only thing missing and it never works well. The controls are backwards and the props always get into the shots blowing the illusion.

I also find that .400 is the best ... even if I wanted to try "fixed wing" ... but the real curiosity is: DumLdore is reversible?
My case has remained at .400 and does not accept updates!

The drone loves well, I would like to see if this bug is common or if my model is blocked.
I repeat that the installation went smoothly and everything works a miracle.

Now, is there a way to restore other firmware now?
Another interesting question ... is the RAW image quality of .400 is the same as the .900?
:)

I will have to defer to someone that has used DumLdore. I have never used it yet. I got my Mav when .400 was an option. I also tried, 500, 550, 600 and 700. Each has its own set of bugs, some worse than others. Anything after 700 and I have never tried it but I am guess they are packed with anti modifications in them and never saw them add anything deemed worthy of the upgrade. 400 flies and operates like the product says on the side of the box. No better way to put it.

Some say the goggles won't work with 400 either, probably because they never tried, but there are people here that fly the goggles on 400 just fine.

This makes no sense. If the OP was able to use Dumldore to go from .900 to .400 it should easily work again going back to .700. Are you downloading the correct Bin files for .700?
If you are what error message are you getting?

Rob

I tried them all ... nothing to do.
After dumldore .400 you can only do (always with dumdlore) .550 and stop.
This is my drone experience.
Rc updates normally.

Now I've reset .400, she flies very well.

You should pull the upgrade log after a failed upgrade if you want any insight.

Well yes otherwise it's going to be hard to know what's what in the log. If you redo a failed flash then pull the log you can be sure the last stuff was that failed attempt.

Now I can not remember the mistake, but I had tried on the dji forum and it seems the bug was known.
The solution is to ask dji, for your account, to enable the download firmware.350 (otherwise unavailable) directly from dji *** 2... Restoring this .350 and will be possible to update all.
You know this way solution?

Now I can not remember the mistake, but I had tried on the dji forum and it seems the bug was known.
The solution is to ask dji, for your account, to enable the download firmware.350 (otherwise unavailable) directly from dji *** 2... Restoring this .350 and will be possible to update all.
You know this way solution?

Caleido are you using DJI Assistant or Dumldore? I am guessing English is not your first language, so it is a bit confusing when you say your asking DJI to restore the firmware, I know they will not even talk to you about Dumldore. I have not heard of a .350, I have heard of .300 but I think that only came on a few drones as a beta.

Why do you think you need .350 in order to go to .700? I am confused.

Rob

Hi Rob, my english is with google transllator! :)

I summarize the problem.
I bought mavic with .800, then updated to .900 (mandatory to use).
After a few months I used DumLdore to roll down to .400 (I read that is the best to fly free). The upgrade went ok without mistakes for mavic and RC, everything is perfect and works fine.

So far all right ..
When I read about "fixed wing" .. being implemented after .600 I tried this and found it is no longer possible to update, always error and back to default.

Attempts with: ipad, mac, windows 7: error and back to .400.

With dumldore I tried to restore it to .700, .800, .900 ... always error and go back to .400 .. same thing with dji *** 2 for .800 and .900 .. error and come back as before.

This problem only with mavic, the remote control always updates with no problem at all.

I did other tests and found that with .550 (by dumldore) it can be restored, and it works ... but same story of .400 it remains locked here ever.

Searching on google other people have resolved with .350 (not marketed but dji authorized on request for this problem)

I read here: Mavic Pro firmware upgrade failed again and again..

Reactions: Lou
Ok Cardliedo now I understand.
Ok so you need to put Dumldor away and don't mention it to DJI and just tell them that your at .400 and want to move to .900 but it wont work. See if you can contact DJI Natalia give her the link to that thread and ask her to add .350 to your account. If it works with assistant2 and you can downgrade to .350 then please use Dumldore and make a backup of it for the community. I guess after that try .700 and see if it works.

Rob

Reactions: jahjahwarrior
I wrote to the dji assistance, as soon as I update.. I update this post.
Thank you for your cooperation.. :)

Did you backup the .0350 with Dumldorf? It would have also been good to backup .0811
That way people with future problems would not need to go through what you went through.

Rob

Reactions: MrsTreat
I've updated in a linear way to make sure everything goes smooth.
I've use DumLdore for create the backup of .810 for the whole community. :)

Sending you a PM check you conversations.

Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag