DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help note 20 ultra won't connect to mavic pro

Dreyes23333

Reactions
I haven't flown my mavic pro in about a year before I had an older galaxy phone and it worked fine, I'm trying to go fly this weekend and charged everything up . I plugged in the USB on the bottom of the controller to my note 20 ultra USB c on the phone. The controller shows connected. Says gps mode, brings up my location in the map but will not connect to the drone. Tried using a usbc to USB adapter and plugging it into the USB mini slot on the controller and same thing. Does dji go 4 just not work with this phone? Do I need a usbc to USB micro cable to plug in from my phone to the side micro slot? I tried turning it on and off, taking it outside, turning the controller on and off but it will not connect to the drone. The controller says gps mode but I get no image from the drone. I don't think the dji fly app will work since I have a mavic pro. What can I do to fix this? Anyone have any experience?

I haven't flown my mavic pro in about a year before I had an older galaxy phone and it worked fine, I'm trying to go fly this weekend and charged everything up . I plugged in the USB on the bottom of the controller to my note 20 ultra USB c on the phone. The controller shows connected. Says gps mode, brings up my location in the map but will not connect to the drone. Tried using a usbc to USB adapter and plugging it into the USB mini slot on the controller and same thing. Does dji go 4 just not work with this phone? Do I need a usbc to USB micro cable to plug in from my phone to the side micro slot? I tried turning it on and off, taking it outside, turning the controller on and off but it will not connect to the drone. The controller says gps mode but I get no image from the drone. I don't think the dji fly app will work since I have a mavic pro. What can I do to fix this? Anyone have any experience?
Can you connect just your drone to the controller without the phone?

Yes I believe it connects it shows ups mode and acts like I can take off but the app won't connect to the drone to get video

I have the Note 20 Ultra and it connects without any problems with DJI Go 4. You could a different USB cable.

I have a Note 20 Ultra and ever since the last Go4 update I'm having issues as well. App crashes 3 to 12 times before it will finally stay up long enough to connect. Sometimes the app stays up but it doesn't connect/don't get the "go fly" button. I know I've read multiple places including DJI's forum where they blame it on Android 11 and suggest people use "devices from their recommended list" but another friend that was using another phone that WAS on the list and then got updated to Android 11 was also having issues and DJI just removed it from the recommended list when Android 11 became available for it.

I've got a Note 10 Plus as well and even though it just got A11 it seems to be fine for the moment.

I've done all the normal stuff, new USB, clear cache on the phone, swapped SD cards in the bird and the phone, etc. Its an app issue and a Google of "DJI Go 4 Android 11" will show its a lot of people with the issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580