DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help on cable length

CFWB

Reactions
I have a MavMount on order for my MA2 and a iPad Mini.
Can anyone tell me the length of the USB "C" to lightning cable I will need?
I would also appreciate the best place to buy it? So far the shortest cable I can find is 3 ft.
Thanks in advance,
Carl

Not sure if this might be something that helps you?

That's Type C to Type C. No go for a Mini!

I would also appreciate the best place to buy it? So far the shortest cable I can find is 3 ft.
Thanks in advance,
Carl
If you want a right angle Lightning side (and you should, to protect the Lightning port from snap off damage!), 25” is the shortest I have found. This one is $14 and is 3 feet and works!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z8W15SR/

I plan on calling them in the AM to see if they have a USB “C” to a “LIGHTNING”
connector at that length.

Reactions: DillyDrones
I plan on calling them in the AM to see if they have a USB “C” to a “LIGHTNING”
connector at that length.
What was wrong with the Amazon one I linked above? It's definitely available and Amazon Prime. The extra loop won't make any difference, since you have to loop both cables anyway, as neither is the ideal 10” length..

What was wrong with the Amazon one I linked above? It's definitely available and Amazon Prime. The extra loop won't make any difference, since you have to loop both cables anyway, as neither is the ideal 10” length..

I'm sorry but I continued to look for the shortest cable I could find. It appears I found one, not on Amazon, that is 65cm long. (25.591 inches) I do appreciate your help GadgetGuy.

I'm sorry but I continued to look for the shortest cable I could find. It appears I found one, not on Amazon, that is 65cm long. (25.591 inches) I do appreciate your help GadgetGuy.

This is also an option if you havent already purchased one.

Thanks in advance,
Carl

CAR,
I have been using a cable that I purchased quite a while ago for my Spark and my Enterprise Dual. I am attaching the link to the cable for Amazon, it is 12” long total, it works great for both drones. Hope this helps.

No problem. I ordered both sizes myself, and the 10” longer 36” one is indistinguishable from the 26” one, since both have to be coiled/looped to be shortened, and an extra loop in the coil just blends in. I'd like to avoid the loop entirely, but anything longer than 10” will require looping. The right angle connector is also essential, too, in case the cable snags, and for leaving the cable plugged in, with the tablet already mounted on the RC in a backpack. There is a possibility you can still use the stock cable with the Mini in your MavMount. I can mount my Mini with the stock cable in the PGYTECH mount, but not the full sized iPad, which I prefer to use. Just slide the Mini slightly off center to make it fit.

Reactions: Rchawks
Thanks in advance,
Carl
This is what you want I think...the cable is nice and short and ideal for ipad use...I have ordered one but it hasnt arrived as yet...I def think there is a market for short 90* usb-c to lightning cables

This is what you want I think...the cable is nice and short and ideal for ipad use...I have ordered one but it hasnt arrived as yet...I def think there is a market for short 90* usb-c to lightning cables
He already has the mount, only needs the cable. Your link is for a $75 mount with selection on what cable to include.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
He already has the mount, only needs the cable. Your link is for a $75 mount with selection on what cable to include.
Yes i know that but it had the cable selection as a reference. when you go to the cable page its a bit confusing...at least it was for me.

Great effort everyone. I spent most of my day trying to find a right angle one for my iPad to MA2 controller. No dice!

Great effort everyone. I spent most of my day trying to find a right angle one for my iPad to MA2 controller. No dice!

Bought this recently from Amazon: Rantow Nylon Braided Video Date Cables for DJI Mavic Pro/Spark/Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom/Mavic Air Drone Remote Controller(20.7cm Lightning to Micro-USB): Amazon.co.uk: Luggage

It’s long enough for my full-sized iPad so should definitely work for the mini. Sadly, the lightning end doesn’t fit in the socket with my Otterbox case fitted to the iPad so I’m looking for a short cable with just a straight, non-right angle lightning connector (but still with the right angle microUSB connector).

Last edited:
I'm having the same dilemma. I have a MM and a MA2 and couldn't find a 6 inch with 90 deg ends Driving me nuts. I bought one from BB for the MA2 but it's it's 3 ft. man I hate that I can't find a 6 inch cable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98