DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please No SD Card present!

RickAung

Reactions
Hi,

I keep getting firstly SD Card Full (no way it's 128Gb and only one video filmed when I got the message). I had already deleted the previous videos. So I used my MacBook Pro laptop to Format the SD card. Now my Mavic 2 says no SD Card present. The card IS correctly inserted and did work well for many flights. Any ideas what I should do please? Thanks in advance

Did you try to format with the DJI Go 4 app instead?
Could be a problem, that your Mac uses a different filesystem, that the Mavic cannot read ...

If that doesn't help, it might be corrupt too.
What brand and model is it?

No, How do you do that please? Also just tried a different SD Card and the drone is still saying No SD Card

Start DJI Go 4 and connect to your drone, go to the photo settings and choose Format SD.
See here:

Last edited:
Did you try to format with the DJI Go 4 app instead?
Could be a problem, that your Mac uses a different filesystem, that the Mavic cannot read ...

If that doesn't help, it might be corrupt too.
What brand and model is it?
Sandisk Ultra 128Gb and it worked just fine to start with.

I have the same card ... please try to format it within the drone and report if it's recognised again. If not, I would assume, it's broken.

I have the same card ... please try to format it within the drone and report if it's recognised again. If not, I would assume, it's broken.
I have tried that. It just says no SD Card present. When I put a different card in drome it ‘sees it’. I
did format the card in my MacBook Pro. Perhaps that’s the problem? Does anyone know what settings I should use in Applications > Disk Utility > Repair please?

I have tried that. It just says no SD Card present. When I put a different card in drome it ‘sees it’. I
did format the card in my MacBook Pro. Perhaps that’s the problem? Does anyone know what settings I should use in Applications > Disk Utility > Repair please?

if the drone 'see' the other card , and not this original card u formatted,
Quite sure issue lies in ur original one.

i would try, as mention by other guys here,
Reformat this card with DJI go 4, and not with ur Mac.

im using the same sd card, and mac. no issue with mine.

good luck, cheers!

Make sure the card is inserted completely into the drone's slot. They can be fiddly about getting all the way in.

Make sure the card is inserted completely into the drone's slot. They can be fiddly about getting all the way in.
Thank you. Yes I have ensured that it is properly inserteD. Previously it worked well. Only recently it no longer sees it. I deleted previous files (videos) then it could no longer ‘see’ it. Then I’d formatted it using laptop (probably wrong thing to do). Now no longer see but other SD Cards ‘seen’ ok.

Cards can go bad. But there are also some tools on the web to test the card and make sure that they are not counterfeit. Did you buy the card from a reliable store? Can you find another computer and try reformatting in that?

Cards can go bad. But there are also some tools on the web to test the card and make sure that they are not counterfeit. Did you buy the card from a reliable store? Can you find another computer and try reformatting in that?
Yes bought in a large department store so likely to be genuine. I'll ask a PC friend if he can format it for me.

Make sure you don't do a "quick format"

You could also test it upon access with H2Testw (it's in German, but it's easy to understand) ... which simply copies data to it and read after on to see if there's any mismatch and possible corruption going on.

It's common to have issues on recent DJI aircraft with cards formatted by Macs. Don't format with the mac, do so in the aircraft itself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute