DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please, no selftest or connectivity

lippyrich

Reactions
Hello all
I have got my Pro out to fly for the first time in over a year, now I understand that the batteries can be troublesome but one appeared to fully charge - drone POST all ok and was connect and able to update.
I then tried one of the other batteries in it that did not appear to have a charge to see if I could get diagnostics but nothing.
I have now put the apparently good 4 LED battery back in and I get no self test at all, the Assistant App does not see it and the 4 LEDs are all lit up.
Is it Foobar or is there some hard reset that can be done on the drone or is it a case of send for repair.
FWIW this drone has had a 2 minute test flight in its life.
Thatnks in advance
Richard.

Reactions: Captain MP
Hello all
I have got my Pro out to fly for the first time in over a year, now I understand that the batteries can be troublesome but one appeared to fully charge - drone POST all ok and was connect and able to update.
I then tried one of the other batteries in it that did not appear to have a charge to see if I could get diagnostics but nothing.
I have now put the apparently good 4 LED battery back in and I get no self test at all, the Assistant App does not see it and the 4 LEDs are all lit up.
Is it Foobar or is there some hard reset that can be done on the drone or is it a case of send for repair.
FWIW this drone has had a 2 minute test flight in its life.
Thatnks in advance
Richard.
sounds like the batteries are toast after such a long period of none use ,can you get hold of a good drone battery to see if the drone will power up and connect to the controller and display device before you do anything else leave the props off for your first start up and does the RC battery seem ok will it take on a charge

Hi Old Man (Sorry I feel rude calling you that).
I could buy another battery but cheapest I have found are 80 from drones direct. RC takes charge.
Seems odd that this battery has 4 LEDS and did POST before I put the now known dodgy battery in it.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi Old Man (Sorry I feel rude calling you that).
I could buy another battery but cheapest I have found are 80 from drones direct. RC takes charge.
Seems odd that this battery has 4 LEDS and did POST before I put the now known dodgy battery in it.
no worries OMM is fine or you could if you want call me Tony, i dont mind would it be possible to borrow a battery from a fellow flyer in your area,just one thing you could try with the battery with the 4 lights on plug it into the charger and then press and hold down the button as if you were trying to switch it on keep it held down for about 20 seconds and see if it starts charging,worth a go

Thanks Tony, just tried that and it just lights the 4 LEDS up. If I then hold it down again all 4 just flash. Could I put a load across a couple of the pins to see if it discharges a bit to try charging ?

Reactions: old man mavic
Thanks Tony, just tried that and it just lights the 4 LEDS up. If I then hold it down again all 4 just flash. Could I put a load across a couple of the pins to see if it discharges a bit to try charging ?
do you have the flymore kit if so there is a unit that plugs into the battery and then has two USB outlets that can be used to charge stuff up you could try to charge your device with that after you have plugged it in then you need to do the quick press, press and hold like you do to start the drone

Sadly no, I suppose I need to shout out if anyone is in or near Swindon that has a known good battery I could try ?

This battery has to be faulty, surely it shouldnt stay lit up when not connected ?

Just found one for that bumper, it appears to be for a phantom but I assume its generic ?

You can probably send these in if you still have DJI care.

Bought the Drone nearly 2 year back, didnt intend to fly much, didnt realise that ill health would keep me away from fling it for 18 months though, but thanks anyway

I think I will give it a go buying a new battery bumper, seeing as I can buy it cheaper than they are on Fleabay for. Thanks.

It's very unlikely the battery damaged the drone.

Thanks Bumper, genuine battery arrived, charged it up and the Bird fired up no problem. Kudos mate for encouraging me to just go with buying the new battery.

Reactions: bumper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost