DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help Please: Sys Warning

oahumike

Reactions
I recently bought a Mavic (fly more combo) off ebay with full warranty. I am within my time frame to return it (seller may try to make me pay for shipping). It has worked well the few times I have flown it but now I am getting a Sys Error on my controller. When i open the app it tells me ",GPSencountersdisconnect,please reset and check connection" I have tried different firmware and factory reset. Is there anything else I should try? I may send it back to the seller as I hear waiting for a new drone from DJI can be TERRIBLE!

Please help!

(also, this drone has not been crashed or gotten wet. I also JUST got a battery error on one of the batteries saying that it is cracked or something along those lines.........................!!!!)

My 2 cents is only buy from an "approved" DJI store or bigger retail. I have mine now for only a few weeks and now issues. I picked it up from Newegg while on sale. Also file your complaint quickly as Ebay also has some protection plans.

Reactions: Piggy and Robbyg
I agree, I wouldn't dwell on returning it. If that GPS warning turns into a flyaway or crash, you'll be fighting even harder for a warranty replacement. The cost of return shipping is a small price to pay compared with the cost of the Mavic.

Just bought a MP from DJI directly and got it within a few days. Gonna get my Goggles tomorrow and again, within a few days.

I agree, I wouldn't dwell on returning it. If that GPS warning turns into a flyaway or crash, you'll be fighting even harder for a warranty replacement. The cost of return shipping is a small price to pay compared with the cost of the Mavic.

I appreciate every response. But now that I have slept on it I have a few more questions. How durable is this drone overall? I have basically only flown it out of my home and only a couple times outside of that. If I want to take it hiking will it be ok? (I like to run down mountains and not just walk so will this be a problem?) I'm going to try and get this one sent back to the dealer instead of dealing with DJI warranty as I am going on a trip soon.

That's why I got the Mavic (hiking and flying in the mountains). It's the absolute best for that (nothing even comes close) I probably have well over 100 hours of hiking and climbing with the Mavic in my backpack. It is very durable.

I appreciate every response. But now that I have slept on it I have a few more questions. How durable is this drone overall? I have basically only flown it out of my home and only a couple times outside of that. If I want to take it hiking will it be ok? (I like to run down mountains and not just walk so will this be a problem?) I'm going to try and get this one sent back to the dealer instead of dealing with DJI warranty as I am going on a trip soon.
You can buy a simple case on Amazon and such for like 20 bux...actually 2 cases...one for the Mavic and one for the remote...then a few battery bags... It will make it easy to put in a backpack. I do not use my that way as I have a single case for everything. For the durable aspect, I posted in one thread that I may have tested my Mavic indoors the first day I got it because of rain outside. Lets just says it can take a decent fall onto hardwood. :) Won't make that mistake again (hopefully).

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
after listening to all of your helpful hints I am definitely returning this one. I cannot even find this problem I am having anywhere online and don't even want to test it flying away on me. Hopefully I can get another soon!

Just wanted to say that Moto-House via eBay has been awesome with everything. I let them know what is going on and they sent me a prepaid label already. Will definitely do business with them again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU