DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help SD card won’t stay in.

Cjcoolcat

Reactions
Trying to insert card and it won’t stay in the slot, seems to be some spring inside that pushes it back out. Would have thought you could press it to stay in and press to release it. When I shut the cover (which I assume pushes it back in) the app says no sad card inserted.

Attachments

• 5CB6F240-F614-41E8-9AFF-CDB149D357EC.jpeg
    5CB6F240-F614-41E8-9AFF-CDB149D357EC.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • C3C85F3F-9480-44B5-9ECB-76FEF05C5B08.jpeg
    C3C85F3F-9480-44B5-9ECB-76FEF05C5B08.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
seems to be some spring inside that pushes it back out
This is the case for most electronic devices that use Micro SD cards. After pushing the card in far enough, the spring mechanism will hold the card in place (instead of trying to eject it).

Trying to insert card and it won’t stay in the slot, seems to be some spring inside that pushes it back out. Would have thought you could press it to stay in and press to release it. When I shut the cover (which I assume pushes it back in) the app says no sad card inserted.
Turn that fingernail sideways from how you have it .I keep one of mine longer just for that which
you won't have to with yours being longer anyway .

Reactions: Cjcoolcat
It’s tricky and I think I will leave it in there now. Will connect to drone to my laptop instead. Thanks all
This might be best. Mine seems to be in there and I can't get it out normally. Maybe with some tweezers I could.but I'm too scared now. I had taken it out previously so I don't know why it seems stuck now but I totally can connect the MP to my computer instead... Eventually when I get another drone (or enough beers in my belly) I'll attempt to pull it out.. But it seems fine now as it sits

I have used my spare SD card to push in the one in my MP.

I also use my spare SD card to push in to release the one in my MP. Just be mindful that if it slips off it can shoot out. Almost lost one that way.

Reactions: dirkclod
It seems to be "stuck" in there. .. The little release spring doesn't seem to be working... If I start doctoring around I might mess it up where I can't record. And that would mean mailing it to Atlanta for @Thunderdrones to deal with. That means I'm out about a week..
So until I'm prepared to break something I'm reluctant to start prying and pulling and yanking and jerking and wrenching and twisting and shaking.. Lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato