DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with intermittent signal loss!

dragoneggs

Reactions
Just migrated from Phantom 3 Adv to Mavic 2 Pro. Love it but... I have made a dozen or so flights on three different batteries, gone through a couple of firmware upgrades and still have the same problem with intermittent signal loss during flight. Doesn't seem to matter if my drone is close or far but the signal loss is upsetting the flight. I can't get smooth flight. It is a bit random but sometimes every 5 seconds or so with a 1 second duration causing serious 'halts' in flight. What is the trick to rectify?

I should add that this is happening with both my iPhone and iPad hooked up to the controller.

Just migrated from Phantom 3 Adv to Mavic 2 Pro. Love it but... I have made a dozen or so flights on three different batteries, gone through a couple of firmware upgrades and still have the same problem with intermittent signal loss during flight. Doesn't seem to matter if my drone is close or far but the signal loss is upsetting the flight. I can't get smooth flight. It is a bit random but sometimes every 5 seconds or so with a 1 second duration causing serious 'halts' in flight. What is the trick to rectify?
i would try calibrating the sensors first then the rc

I recalibrated the IMU and compass. RC is up to date. Still getting glitches. Loss signal or poor reception that is temporarily causing video to 'jump'.

If you are not, use the bottom/larger usb port on the controller. Some folks find putting their device in Airplane mode also helps.

If you are not, use the bottom/larger usb port on the controller. Some folks find putting their device in Airplane mode also helps.
I did switch to the usb on the bottom of the controller but still having the same issue. If I put my phone/ipad in airplane mode do I not lose my GPS tracking?

Turned on Airplane mode and tried different cable... still same issue.

Will try to 'rebind'. Not sure what this means... could you be specific?

Edit: Re-linked my RC. Still same issue. Time to contact DJI support?

Last edited:
Note that this intermittent signal loss happens several times a minute regardless if I am flying or on the ground. Each time the RC buzzes a bit. Sometimes I get "Adjust antenna", sometimes "weak remote controller signal", sometimes "RC Signal lost".

Only other thing I can think to try it change from dual band to 5.4ghz. Maybe you have some crazy interference issues. I have had major disconnect issues using 2.4 near my home.

Reactions: dragoneggs
Only other thing I can think to try it change from dual band to 5.4ghz. Maybe you have some crazy interference issues. I have had major disconnect issues using 2.4 near my home.
Okay tried using only 2.4 and 5.4 and in both cases I had even more signal loss. Actually kind of scary because it wouldn't reconnect although I still had control but jerky.

Moved about 150ft away from house and back in dual mode. I was still getting signal drop but far fewer intermittent drops. Next step is to head to a park or ball field to see if it performs even better.

Appreciate all the help here but pretty disappointed that I can't seem to fly around my house with my Mavic 2. Never had any issues with my Phantom 3.

Okay tried using only 2.4 and 5.4 and in both cases I had even more signal loss. Actually kind of scary because it wouldn't reconnect although I still had control but jerky.

Moved about 150ft away from house and back in dual mode. I was still getting signal drop but far fewer intermittent drops. Next step is to head to a park or ball field to see if it performs even better.

Appreciate all the help here but pretty disappointed that I can't seem to fly around my house with my Mavic 2. Never had any issues with my Phantom 3.
I would have to say the rc is having issues contact dji and explain what you have done and I'm sure they will replace it

My M2Z has same issues. Which compared to p3 is a scary nuisance. ( p3 being non cable)
I use a samsung S10 which also disconnects randomly from the car auto android. So I am trying a series of replacement cables to the usb. This disconnect did not happen with the S5 phone which had a different cable connector. After about 6 cables it seems better... now to move cable while flying nearby and see if signal stays connected.

Well finally got in touch with DJI support. Hard to understand the gal (located in China?) but she had me go into the app settings and fiddle with the auto/custom and select a band and channels that had low interference. Tried it out and still had major issues. In fact it would not respond in flight for a couple of minutes. Luckily it was close so if it decided to land I could find it.

Then I shut it all down and put it back to Dual and Auto and it seems to be doing much better. Not perfect but after 3 flights I only had a couple of drop signals. I know one thing, it doesn't like being too close to the house (wifi?) or my metal outdoor table!

I plan to take it to another location tomorrow for further tests.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7