DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with mavic 2 camera

Trackedout

Reactions
Alright guys yesterday i went to take off from the roof of my car. Somehow the mavic just floped over and landed on its back. Anyways my problem now is i lost the ability to move my camera around. It still has video and records. Not stable. I also noticed the camera setting is completely gone. Missing. So i cant calibrate. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Ps i have both cameras. They both reacted the same

When you mention at the end that you have both cameras, I assume that means you have both the Pro and Zoom cameras, and after this incident, you tried the other camera assembly - which was known to be good - and the same issue occurred.

In that case, logic would suggest that the issue is upstream of the camera assemblies themselves, like the little cable or board that the opposite end of the cable attaches to. Of course, there still may be other issues with the camera involved in this incident, but until you are able to get the known good one to work, it is anybody's guess.

Now, lets discuss the takeoff that began this all. Never takeoff in close proximity to ferrous metal - which I'm guessing the roof of your car is. This will very likely generate a host of errors related to the compass followed by forced ATTI Mode, and it can really create a rather tense situation. Of course, the takeoff may have gone bad prior to the compass generating errors due to other reasons, and to find this out, the flight logs would be telling.

I understand it was a bad idea with the takeoff. And yes i have zoom and pro... im able to fix most things just looking for some guidance since theres nothing on the web

Do you only have one copter and both cameras, or did you buy two complete systems? If you have both copters, maybe try the camera involved in this incident in the good copter. I'm guessing its the ribbon cable. They are very fragile.

Never take off around or especially on metal anything. The compass caused it to crash. Compass will not stay or calibrate around metal. Remember Science class? Lol. Sorry you lost your bird. Hope you have Refresh.

I noticed on the pro camera the mount is broken on one of those. So im wondering if that was the issue maybe it was trying to conpensate and it over heats

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme