DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with Mavic Camera. Photos looking Gloomy

Mirandah

Reactions
Hi people! Just made today my first fly. Very afraid but everything went well!

Except for the camera. I left it on automatic. Film colors. The video and photos were bad.

i attatched the photos. If someone could see and help, would be great.

The photos started clean and sharp. But started to look gloomy after some elevation.

Attachments

• DJI_0018.jpg
    DJI_0018.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 132
Were you moving the right "wheel" at all? You have a gimbal control "wheel" on the left and a wheel on the right that adjusts exposure. image.jpeg
The wheel I'm talking about is directly below the photo button in the picture. It is possible that you accidentally bumped that wheel and caused the image to be overexposed.

Last edited:
Were you moving the right "wheel" at all? You have a gimbal control "wheel" on the left and a wheel on the right that adjusts exposure. View attachment 32097
The wheel I'm talking about is directly below the photo button in the picture. It is possible that you accidentally bumped that wheel and caused the image to be overexposed.

No, i didnt touch on the exposure. its like its doing automatically. Even the video stays shifting the colors. I am using a very old celular. i cant see almost nothing while flying. Can this be causing?

No, i didnt touch on the exposure. its like its doing automatically. Even the video stays shifting the colors. I am using a very old celular. i cant see almost nothing while flying. Can this be causing?
Does it only do it with photos then, not the video? I don't think the old phone would be causing it, have you tried using Manuel mode and adjusting the wheel I mentioned above to get correct exposure? If it only does it in photos you may be in HDR or AEB mode where it takes several pictures automatically at several different exposures.

Does it only do it with photos then, not the video? I don't think the old phone would be causing it, have you tried using Manuel mode and adjusting the wheel I mentioned above to get correct exposure? If it only does it in photos you may be in HDR or AEB mode where it takes several pictures automatically at several different exposures.

With video too man :( i tried manual exposure as well.
i will make more tests today. i am afraid :(

Hi people! Just made today my first fly. Very afraid but everything went well!

Except for the camera. I left it on automatic. Film colors. The video and photos were bad.

i attatched the photos. If someone could see and help, would be great.

The photos started clean and sharp. But started to look gloomy after some elevation.
This is fog/mist inside the lens, acting up after a few minutes, because of sudden temperature change coming from inside to outside, or sudden air pressure change. It usually clears up after a couple of minutes flying. This is a known issue (at least to me) with the Mavic Pro.

Before flying, let it adjust to the environment for a while before turning it on.

Reactions: MavicCF
This is fog/mist inside the lens, acting up after a few minutes, because of sudden temperature change coming from inside to outside, or sudden air pressure change. It usually clears up after a couple of minutes flying. This is a known issue (at least to me) with the Mavic Pro.

Before flying, let it adjust to the environment for a while before turning it on.
Hey man, a bit of light coming from you! really thanks! i tried that. but after some minutes flying started to get better, but still a lot of fog/mist. Seens i would need fly more 20 minutes or more to get rid of it :(

will try a second fly now again...i left the drone next where i will fly in some minutes. will left some minutes more and see what happens

Is it possible that you're watching pictures from the catche rather or pictures from the album in your phone and not from the SD on the drone?

Remove the the quality is not the same.

Thanks to all. after a lot of researching i found my lens was condensated. I put it for some moderate sunbaths (some minutes) and now its gone! thanks all for helping me on this :)

Reactions: MavicCF and radman
Thanks to all. after a lot of researching i found my lens was condensated. I put it for some moderate sunbaths (some minutes) and now its gone! thanks all for helping me on this :)
That awesome! Glad you got it worked out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada