DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with noisy video footage

Reactions
Hi, I was looking for some more experienced pilots to give their opinion on the amount of noise in the videos I am taking. I've had the Mavic a few weeks and in that testing phase of seeing what settings do what and how to improve things but one thing I am really disappointed in is the amount of noise in the footage I have taken so far.

I don't have the free time to do any post processing so I am looking for the best in camera settings and after spending waaaaay too much time listening to a bunch of opinions went for +1, 0, 0, no colour profile, 2.7k and 30fps.

I have uploaded a clip and wanted to know if this is just a limit of the camera and quite normal or because I'm too far away from the subject, too fast shutter speed etc.

Any opinions are welcome :)

Yes looks about right. Go with +1,0,0 colour profile none if you haven't got time to edit. Shoot with 2.7K at 24 or 30fps in manual and make sure your shutter speed is double your frame rate. You will need filters to stop the bright sky over exposing though.

Thanks
Yes looks about right. Go with +1,0,0 colour profile none if you haven't got time to edit. Shoot with 2.7K at 24 or 30fps in manual and make sure your shutter speed is double your frame rate. You will need filters to stop the bright sky over exposing though.
Thanks Richard, good to know it's my expectations that need adjusting rather that all the settings. I'm guessing all the super nice crisp footage on youtube has had a neat filter applied. Something to think about another time.

Thanks

Thanks Richard, good to know it's my expectations that need adjusting rather that all the settings. I'm guessing all the super nice crisp footage on youtube has had a neat filter applied. Something to think about another time.
Yes shot in nice bright conditions the footage is great but low light or cloudy days it starts to get noisey and break down a bit. That's where the processing and noise reduction software comes into play

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka