DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with self unlocking AC shows no unlocking certificate

brucewol

Reactions
New drone user and having problems unlocking because my house is just inside a NFZ. I first tried the DJI GO app and it was completely useless To type in the phone number, the keypad came up on overlaid the send button. Was able to sort of get around this by going back to home page and then restarting app. keypad was no longer shown and i could see the send button. but my phone number - a cell number, always had a an extra 1 in it. maybe it works on an ipad with a larger screen, but not a pixel 3a, so gave up on this,

then used a web browser and was able get a 3 day certificate. now in looking at the app, i see that the APP shows a certificate but none for the aircraft. so how do i unlock the aircraft. Please do not direct me to ANY dji web sites. Been there and find them useless for this problem

I have never asked DJI for permission to fly anywhere. Don’t know if this results in a problem.
I recommend FAA DroneZone where you can get long term approval to TO and fly in NFZs for airports, etc. I currently have a renewable 6 month clearance for a 4 square mile area I use for practice. Short term (30 days or less) approval is also available there. No codes to enter... just works. This is now available, as of today, to recreational pilots too.

Reactions: Bill combs
thanks for the reply. i just saw thread about this new process and will definitively look into this as the nfz approval process is a such a hassle and needs to be done where you have an internet connection as the dji app doesn't work for me.

and i want to fly now, not in 30 days. between hassles updating the firmware and now the nfz issue, i've got 12 plus hours into this process. and i helped a friend get his firmware updated and flew a bit, so i'm not starting at ground zero. but my drone is stuck on ground zero.

since i'm in a nfz, i must go through the process. without it, can't even spin the props

thanks for the reply. i just saw thread about this new process and will definitively look into this as the nfz approval process is a such a hassle and needs to be done where you have an internet connection as the dji app doesn't work for me.

and i want to fly now, not in 30 days. between hassles updating the firmware and now the nfz issue, i've got 12 plus hours into this process. and i helped a friend get his firmware updated and flew a bit, so i'm not starting at ground zero. but my drone is stuck on ground zero.

since i'm in a nfz, i must go through the process. without it, can't even spin the props
My initial 30 day approval took 48 hours from submission to approval and I had to clarify my flight area during that time via email exchange with FAA... my practice area is 4 square miles and TO point is in NFZs for 2 airports.
Just saying don’t give up yet.

Try AirMap. It’s my go to for quickies.

Yes I will try the permanent approval. i eventually solved my problem. mavic support told me my s/n is wrong. even with 3x reading glasses and a flashlight, i was unable to get it correctly. mavic support said use the app in camera view. wrong, you need to be connected with the ac to get the s/n off in the app.

I then went to flysafe.dji.com . a confusing interface, there is a timer countdown but the count down is the time you need to wait before hitting send. then i got a text quickly. enter it and i got approval. now back to the rc and ac. under general setting there is a unlock tab if you are connected.

still ran into a problem. there is a black box on a black background that makes it invisible. you need to click on the 2 items above the blue print. discovered this because of my fat thumbs hitting part of the screen i didn't mean to.

so now i was able to fly.

I have never asked DJI for permission to fly anywhere. Don’t know if this results in a problem.
I recommend FAA DroneZone where you can get long term approval to TO and fly in NFZs for airports, etc. I currently have a renewable 6 month clearance for a 4 square mile area I use for practice. Short term (30 days or less) approval is also available there. No codes to enter... just works. This is now available, as of today, to recreational pilots too.
You can use LAANC and DroneZone all you want to be legal, but if you're in an area the DJI map shows as blue or red, you still have to unlock it through the DJI app or DJI site. They are currently separate systems.
Eventually DJI will have LAANC integrated into Go.

Reactions: dawgpilot
thanks danman32 for the clarification. guess i'll just need to wait until the 2 are integrated. at least i now know how to make the process work and the 3 day unlock can be completed fairly quickly.

i live within 3 miles of deer valley airport and at one time i could lift my drones just to make adjustments not to fly around,can i get a certificate? or am i too close? i wanted to add that my phantom 4p 2.0 can still fly at home because i never allowed it to be updated like i did with my mpp m2p.

i live within 3 miles of deer valley airport and at one time i could lift my drones just to make adjustments not to fly around,can i get a certificate? or am i too close? i wanted to add that my phantom 4p 2.0 can still fly at home because i never allowed it to be updated like i did with my mpp m2p.

Deer Valley airport is in controlled airspace, so you will need to use a LAANC app such as Airmap or Kittyhawk prior to every flight to get an electronic authorization to legally fly there. After that you can self-unlock in DJI GO 4 which will allow the drone to take off.

Reactions: Bill combs
Deer Valley airport is in controlled airspace, so you will need to use a LAANC app such as Airmap or Kittyhawk prior to every flight to get an electronic authorization to legally fly there. After that you can self-unlock in DJI GO 4 which will allow the drone to take off.
Thank you for the info

Tried to unlock DJI a while back with no luck. DJI would not accept my phone number. I need to fly over a river for a memorial next weekend, so I tried again today and my number was not being accepted again. I realized
you do not put a one first, and no dashes between numbers. I received permission for this weekend to try it out. I do not know if it is unlocked in the system, or I would still need internet once there.
I would not think that would be necessary. Going there today, I will see what happens. by the way my airport does not have LAANC.

Unless you already have clearance through FAA DroneZone.

OK I went to the site (see #11) and everything seemed fin, I put in the six digit code, except it asked to go to the DJI APP. No internet there to do that, soooo, can't fly there??
I have a friend that lives about 700' from where i need to fly. Perhaps I can get WIFI from his house. The saga continues.

i got the attached pdf from dji support which explains the unlocking process once you have obtained an unlock for the authorization zone. steps 1 - 4 require an internet connection and can be done away from the authorization area, for example at home.

for me, i found it easiest to use flaysafe.dji.com in a browser. you also need to receive a text for verification. you do not need either the rc or ac at this time but you will need the serial number of the rc.

you then will need an internet connection, the dji go app, your rc and ac to import the unlock license into the ac. once this is done, you will be able to fly in the area you have unlocked without internet.

hope this helps

Attachments

• Unlocking Steps for DJI GO 4.pdf
    340.1 KB · Views: 18
Tap APP then SYNC, SYNC successful tap aircraft and it says no license even though I was approved and given the six digit code???
Thanks for your help.

Tap APP then SYNC, SYNC successful tap aircraft and it says no license even though I was approved and given the six digit code???
Thanks for your help.
possibly you have not entered the controller number correctly. mavic support figured this out for me, somehow they said my controller number was invalid. not sure how they did this because i never told them the rc s/n i was using. i initially tried to read the s/n of the rc off the tag. better to get it from the dji go app general settings/about scroll to last item.

when you say the six digit code are you meaning what they sent you in the text message. That code is just part of 2 factor authentication and is used to make sure you physically have the phone for the number you entered. it's a security technique used by flysafe.dji.com but is not a component of license unlock.

when you say sync, in my app under general settings/unlocking license it says refresh. are we talking about the same thing. and for this to work, you need to be connected to the internet. and then to import into the ac, both the rc and ac need to be connected to the app.

SN on sticker vs what shows in app reminds me of software that was supposed to activate by network MAC address. For a particular brand of server, software was picking up "system ID" from somewhere other than the server MAC. The system ID would also spontaneously change, which would deactivate the software
Software support was not cooperative in resolving the problem with the hardware vendor.

possibly you have not entered the controller number correctly. mavic support figured this out for me, somehow they said my controller number was invalid. not sure how they did this because i never told them the rc s/n i was using. i initially tried to read the s/n of the rc off the tag. better to get it from the dji go app general settings/about scroll to last item.

when you say the six digit code are you meaning what they sent you in the text message. That code is just part of 2 factor authentication and is used to make sure you physically have the phone for the number you entered. it's a security technique used by flysafe.dji.com but is not a component of license unlock.

when you say sync, in my app under general settings/unlocking license it says refresh. are we talking about the same thing. and for this to work, you need to be connected to the internet. and then to import into the ac, both the rc and ac need to be connected to the app.
General settings, it says unlocking license list. On top it has APP and Aircraft.When I touch APP nothing happens, when I touch Aircraft it says no license.

From what you've described, it doesn't look like the license unlock request ever got to the dji go 4 app. in the pdf the dji support gave me, see my post #14, you need in the unlocking screen something that looks like step 4. it shows an example of an item in the unlocking license list. if there isn't an item there, then there was a problem when you applied for the authorization.

in my case, i used flysafe.dji.com and because it was difficult toe read the rc s/n off the tag, i entered it incorrectly. better to get the s/n from the dji go 4 app under general settings/about scroll to the bottom of the list.

so i would recommend you start at the beginning and request a new authorization being careful to enter the rc s/n correctly. if you still can't get it to work. dji email support was very good and responded quickly.

I have signed into DJI put in the info and it says click on pin to select area to unlock. It shows the airports and zones, but there are no pins showing on the map. Any ideas why???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54