DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Reactions
I purchased my Mavic Pro Fly More at the end of November, due to work and poor weather I have only managed a couple of one hour sessions. I used my Samsung S7 Edge in the Mavics controller and this seemed to work well. I am connecting with DJIGo4

I’m now looking to buy a tablet for use with the Mavic, I have tried the wifes Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (just in the house) and I really like it. The first time I set it up was brilliant, no problems or issues. I set it up again yesterday and could not get it to connect, after reading on the various forums it seems there is an issue with the usb on some Tab S2’s . I could get a connection sometimes if I changed the order of turning things on by it was not consistent. I have seen various ‘fixes’ that involve rooting the device and/or going back to an earlier version of Android, I don’t particularly want to do this.

It was lucky that I tried it again as I was just about to go out and buy an New Tab S2 (9.7”).

So where to go now? Suggestions please?

I don’t’ want a Crystal Sky. I am an Android fan and have never owned an Apple product. I would prefer a 9.7 to 10 inch screen but might settle for smaller. It must be capable of showing the map and radar at the same time. What would others suggest?

Although not an Apple fan I am not ruling them out, I don’t know anything about the various models such as is an Ipad Air better spec than an Ipad Mini 4?

Advice would be appreciated as would any photos of your tablet connected to the Mavic.

There was an issue with some devices and the launching of Go or any app, What should happen is that when you plug the USB into the phone, after powering on the controller then the mavic, is that a box should pop up and ask which app you want to associate with the USB connection, DO NOT PRESS the option for always use this app as this will stop other apps from having access to the USB port, if you have accidentally given another app exclusive rights to the USB port then you need to go into App settings and find default app settings, or simply remove the app in app management and reinstall it.

2nd, a version of android prevented the accessing of the USB on some devices, I had a J4 that wouldnt work until I rolled the Android version back to Android 5.

let me know how you go on

Reactions: Fabio6465
I have been using a Mini 4, WiFi only, for a few months, never had a problem with it connecting to the RC, nor it crashing while flying, nor updating FW via WiFi, nor update the GO4 app, it is small enough that it will fit in the RC jaws so as not to cover up the RC screen, I have an iPhone if I want to do Follow Me, use it as a Hot Spot or need GPS, so WiFi only works for me.

I was real reluctant, for a long time, but finally gave up a few years ago on Windows/Android products and got Apples' (not all at the same time) iPhones, Notebooks, iPads, iTouch, MacMini, because of their design, integration and design. I don't need to modify nor tweaker Apple's software so have learned to live with and work with it. I feel since Apple's OS is designed specifically for their hardware, the total package is more stable.

You will find people who hate Apple products, just because they are made by Apple "a big company" who maintains very tight control on their hardware/software. I don't hate Windows nor Android products. My first computer was a Radio Shack TRS80 running DOS and grew up with various computers from there. My first cell phone, was a "bag phone" also from Radio Shack. I know, I am dating myself. Needless to say, I have just found Apples' products to be just "better for me". Tough decision to make, and I have no regrets for changing. You have to decide what is best for you. Jim

Za3Qi4vzQLem%uisLAvvzA_thumb_1216.jpg

Last edited:
I could get a connection sometimes if I changed the order of turning things on by it was not consistent.
What happens when you try starting up everything like this?

1) Power on the remote controller
2) Power on the Mavic
3) Wait 30 seconds
4) Connect the remote controller to your mobile device
5) Start DJI GO

What happens when you try starting up everything like this?

1) Power on the remote controller
2) Power on the Mavic
3) Wait 30 seconds
4) Connect the remote controller to your mobile device
5) Start DJI GO

Tried that but without step 3, I will play around tonight.

As I am just playing round with my wife's Tab S2 prior to buying my own it might be less troublesome to go for something else. Shame as I do like the S2.

Samsung tab4 won't connect. Tried all the different methods suggested anyone used an Acer icona 1 10inch tablet. Would prefer one that will work out of the box

Hi all, I bought a SamsungTab A, 7 inch, connect it with the Go 4 app and I have a connection only no camera view from the drone. I have asked the service centre of Samsung and they told me to do some checking and everything was ok sofar Samsung. They ask me to ask DJI service because they think that the format of the video from camera and tablet is different, because the Mavic Pro 2 is new. Someone else have ideas ? WhatsApp Image 2018-10-10 at 14.19.35.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose