DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Helps to unite two Mavic Pro batteries in parallel

stiwy2010

Reactions
i need to know if I can do it with just one BMS and have all the telemetry information, also put the X60 connector and wire switched for the two batteries in parallel.

I would say no, the airframes are not designed to start adding batteries. You start to mess with CG and aerodynamics, which will do more harm than good. My opinion though

Reactions: Cw4bray
A friend of mine builds remote controlled model steamships. Real boilers, real steam engines. Four to six feet long. Seeking longer run times for the electronics, he paralleled two battery packs. A cell shorted out in one pack lowering the available voltage. That pack became a load for the other one. The end result was fire and an explosion blowing a hole in the fiberglass hull and sending the deck a few feet into the air. It will take hundreds of hours to repair. He has since learned that battery packs should not be paralleled without isolation or fusing. I have seen 3D printed battery cases for the Mavics that hold more batteries. But I do not know if they are properly fused/isolated or not. I would not want to be the person that sent a flaming drone into the forest. Bad image for the hobby......

Reactions: Otisangb
I think the BMS measures each cell separately, so you'd need to wire it parallel with that in mind. I'd also run a test to see if the added weight would increase motor temp. causing a turn to turn short which would degrade the performance of the other motors.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ