DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Henderson Bridge (Halton Region, Ontario)

rjwmorrell

Reactions

This is my second attempt at filming an outdoor man-made structure, and again it's a bridge. I don't know why I chose a bridge, I guess because they are linear and cross over a linear feature, they offer some interesting angles. This one is much smaller than the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge, but I incorporated some of the advice and feedback I got back from that first video and I think this one has a better "flow" or "story" to it.

Post editing, including a first attempt at doing colour correction, done in Wondershare Filmora. The main colour correction was to fix the white balance and add some saturation to make the leafy green trees look a little brighter and more lively -- though I think I overexposed the roadway in the final cut scene.

Please, tell me what you think! Trash this video! Do the shots and sequences of shots make any sense? Is the editing and colour correction garbage? Are the cuts too long? Is it boring? Let me know!

One caveat, my system is not a heavy graphics system, so the video looked choppy at times during editing and playback. I don't know if that was because it was shot in 24 fps, and some parts were sped up, or if I should have made better choices with the camera settings, etc.

Shot with a DJI Air 2S and DJI Mini SE.

Hi,

excellent job !, even with a “boring” topic like a bridge 😆
I Iike the flow, and it does inspire me to go take a crack at it myself.
The topic, “man made structures“ is also interesting, was wondering if you have a theme around this topic.

looking forwards to ur next project

cheers

idsert

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Thanks! No theme, I just happened to have known about this spot from frequent commuting to/from Milton along it's back roads, and there are "parking" spots nearby which are convenient.

I'm planning to do a slightly more involved shoot of some escarpment rock walls in the area, but wanted to build up some experience first.

I have real estate agent friends and would likely offer to do their aerials for their listings once I get a bit more experienced at both flying and shooting/editing. But I'm basically game to shoot anything, and plan to do my flight review for the Advanced pilot certificate by the end of this summer.

This is my second attempt at filming an outdoor man-made structure, and again it's a bridge. I don't know why I chose a bridge, I guess because they are linear and cross over a linear feature, they offer some interesting angles. This one is much smaller than the Burlington Canal Lift Bridge, but I incorporated some of the advice and feedback I got back from that first video and I think this one has a better "flow" or "story" to it.

Post editing, including a first attempt at doing colour correction, done in Wondershare Filmora. The main colour correction was to fix the white balance and add some saturation to make the leafy green trees look a little brighter and more lively -- though I think I overexposed the roadway in the final cut scene.

Please, tell me what you think! Trash this video! Do the shots and sequences of shots make any sense? Is the editing and colour correction garbage? Are the cuts too long? Is it boring? Let me know!

One caveat, my system is not a heavy graphics system, so the video looked choppy at times during editing and playback. I don't know if that was because it was shot in 24 fps, and some parts were sped up, or if I should have made better choices with the camera settings, etc.

Shot with a DJI Air 2S and DJI Mini SE.
I cut down the quality to 1/4 in production, so the video flows smoothly. Color correction was good as far as I could tell. Nice job!

Reactions: Cecil Webb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98