DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Here’s my first attempt at a 4K, 2:1 aspect ratio video project on the Osmo Pocket.

Cosmic68

Reactions

The details are fantastic in the station at beginning of clip-I was really surprised at how crisp it looked. I had to crop some scenes so obviously lost a little quality here and there, but really impressed overall. You won’t notice this on a mobile, but tried it on friends big TV and was really impressed. The tunnel hyperlapse is upscaled, as I wasn’t aware that you can make a lapse out of the stored JPEGS-lesson learnt. I’ll stick with 1080 for some things, but really liking that I can host 4K on Youtube.

I got some great feedback on a previous video that I should try the 2:1 aspect ratio that is currently popping up everywhere (Netflix/other Youtubers) and I have to agree-i think it looks better as fills more of the screen, especially mobile-thanks /u/chaosproz on Reddit.

The YouTube link is here and has all the settings used, plus link to the tutorial I used for 2:1 aspect ratio and obviously, the ability to view 4K;

Sorry for my ignorance but what’s the pixel ratio of 2:1. Not sure I get what you mean cropping up everywhere? It looks like just regular 16:9 to me?

Sorry for my ignorance but what’s the pixel ratio of 2:1. Not sure I get what you mean cropping up everywhere? It looks like just regular 16:9 to me?

Well I guess it depends what you view it on. In my video above, in the link there’s the tutorial I followed, but basically for 4K it’s 3840x1920.

I think it’s been a movement for viewing stuff on smaller screens like phones, whatnot. It maximises the viewing area.

An easier visual way to see it is, look at my other videos on my channel-the previous 4 videos were 16:9 and you’ll notice the difference with this video (especially if you’re on a phone).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov