DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Here I sit on Mt. Washington (Pittsburgh)

SkyIScrape

Reactions
This is the crap that gets me nervous and keeps my Mavic in it’s case. Maps maps and more maps. All of them are saying I’m good to go but I don’t think I am. I don’t want to be THAT guy that f’s it up for all of us. I’m nowhere near an airport. I live within the NFZ of Pittsburgh International, so I’m well beyond 5 miles. B4UFly says there are airports within 5 miles but I know thats not true and their list is blank. Take a look.

B4UFly:
IMG_0192.JPGIMG_0191.JPG

AirMap:
IMG_0190.JPG

Such a perfect take off point to get some great footage of the city. IMG_0195.JPG

Personally, I do not like the B4Ufly app. Very inconsistent. Stick with AirMap and the notices on the Go App. There maybe heliports around. It will ask you to confirm if the Go ap sees anything. Did you fire it up to see what it displayed?

Personally, I do not like the B4Ufly app. Very inconsistent. Stick with AirMap and the notices on the Go App. There maybe heliports around. It will ask you to confirm if the Go ap sees anything. Did you fire it up to see what it displayed?

I didn’t fire it up. Saw a few planes coming in on approach. Granted they were up a couple thousand feet but I said fuq it. Drove around until now trying to find anywhere to fly. Came up empty.

B4UFLY is useless. I deleted it for that reason.
Will the motors start? If so, fly.....

I live in the NFZ of the Pittsburgh airport and my Mavic fires up and can take off every single time. I don’t fly more than 40’ above the house. I call the number provided nearly every time which is 4 times in 5 months or so.

Fly the ****** thing. Stay out of the way of manned aircraft and use common sense, but if it will start up fly it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SkyIScrape
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll