DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Here is my ongoing story with DJI Care. 2 months and counting.

Tanos

Reactions
Hi Forum.
Here is my on going story with DJI support @Germany, I live in Greece.

Purchased DJI Care.

Crashed the drone.

Sent it on 21/4.

Received it on 7/6 after contacting the forums of DJI and with the help of some great moderators.

When I got it on 7/6 I found out that they, support@Germany, didn’t include the propellers, just an A4 paper saying that they are sorry and they are out of stock.

Today it’s 23/6 and I have yet to receive any email from them, an email, not propellers, an email.

So 2 months for a crash and I still can’t fly, all that with DJI Care.
That is my experience with DJI Support. I’ve read great stories here, but you can’t say that for me I guess.

Here is the thread

edit: here is the A4 paper
edit2: I have purchased new propellers. But this is not the point.
edit3: I've also linked the thread from DJI Forum, where the moderators are doing their best to help me, and I am thankful for their support(DJI Mindy,DJI-Jamie,DJI Natalia). I talked to them, they answered as fast as they could and I almost always received an instant(within 20minutes) email from DJI with updates on my case.

This isn't a rant. I sure am sick of all this situation, I sure don't want to experience another mandatory repair. This is just my story, from my point of view, from my country. Somebody might find it useful.

Last edited:
So, you received your Mavic back, but without the props? If so, why didn't you go buy new props?

Reactions: wayy510
I bought new ones after waiting for a week. Cost me about 20$. But this is not the point here. I've been waiting more than a month to get my drone back only to find out that I still can't fly. Also they didn't inform me on time, they just sent a letter with the Mavic. Why should I wait for so long and also spend 20$ more? In your opinion is this acceptable?

Reactions: Davel
I bought new ones after waiting for a week.
Ah, so, you are flying now? Your story above makes it seem like you still cannot fly because you don't have props -- and you're holding out on buying them because you're trying to prove a point.

In your opinion is this acceptable?
No -- if what you shared is accurate.

When you send ANY device back to the factory for repair ONLY send what is broken.
In other words if your mavic needs repair DO NOT SEND:
Battery
Micro SD card
Propellers
Controller
Charger or cables

The factory does not want to deal with keeping track of what goes with who. The odds are the bird you get back will not be the one you sent in.

Ah, so, you are flying now? Your story above makes it seem like you still cannot fly because you don't have props -- and you're holding out on buying them because you're trying to prove a point.

No -- if what you shared is accurate.
I can fly because I bought new propellers. I took the time and money to find a solution that I already paid for someone else to do it.

Also about the accuracy. I am more than happy to provide you with all the proof you need.

When you send ANY device back to the factory for repair ONLY send what is broken.
Battery
Micro SD card
Propellers
Controller
Charger or cables

The factory does not want to deal with keeping track of what goes with who. The odds are the bird you get back will not be the one you sent in.

Propellers were broken from crash. So I had to sent them in.
Yeah, they got me a refurbished one.

Also about the accuracy. I am more than happy to provide you with all the proof you need.
I am not doubting you. I was just confirming my opinion is based solely on the information you stated above.

I am not doubting you. I was just confirming my opinion is based solely on the information you stated above.
I've also linked the thread from DJI Forum, where the moderators are doing their best to help me, and I am thankful for their support. I talked to them, they answered as fast as they could and I almost always received an instant(within 20minutes) email from DJI with updates on my case.

This isn't a rant. I sure am sick of all this situation, I sure don't want to experience another mandatory repair. This is just my story, from my point of view, from my country. Somebody might find it useful.

I've also linked the thread from DJI Forum, where the moderators are doing their best to help me, and I am thankful for their support. I talked to them, they answered as fast as they could and I almost always received an instant(within 20minutes) email from DJI with updates on my case.
Good to hear! That's really the go-to forum for problems like this since DJI employees rarely post in this forum.

Battery
Micro SD card
Propellers
Controller
Charger or cables

Can I ask where you're getting your information from? This is completely incorrect and is not DJI policy.

So, you received your Mavic back, but without the props? If so, why didn't you go buy new props?

Why should the OP have to go buy new props? They should have been sent with the bird, or when the OP contacted them, they should have expedited props to him instead of giving him the runaround.

I can fly because I bought new propellers. I took the time and money to find a solution that I already paid for someone else to do it.

You should not have had to do that. DJI should have sent you new ones. It's not your fault, that's just the way DJI does business..

I bought new ones after waiting for a week. Cost me about 20$. But this is not the point here. I've been waiting more than a month to get my drone back only to find out that I still can't fly. Also they didn't inform me on time, they just sent a letter with the Mavic. Why should I wait for so long and also spend 20$ more? In your opinion is this acceptable?

Your wait time is typical. I sent mine in overnight, (on my dime) with an overnight return label in the box asking them to use it. It still took a month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Why should the OP have to go buy new props?
He shouldn't. It is the current state of the situation though and he ended up having to do that in order to fly.

Your wait time is typical. I sent mine in overnight, (on my dime) with an overnight return label in the box asking them to use it. It still took a month.
Typical yes. Acceptable no.
Correct me if I am wrong but DJI Refresh states that you have a priority. What if you are not in the "few privileged" that bought DJI Refresh? Will they delay it for a month more? Will they sent it to you without critical parts?

I think that we are having too much fan flying around their amazing drones and forget that they under-deliver and hurting us with long waits. I am too afraid to fly again to be honest. And it has become so stressful. One wrong move and you get at least a month of wait and a few hundred $ sort. Yeah the risk of flying right? No. They market and advertise as a good after sales support, for professionals etc.

Ps. You will excuse me for my english and if you found any aggressiveness in my writing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada