DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Here is my setup - Recommend me a clean lanyard attachment?

anom3

Reactions
From top to bottom.

Alientech 2.4ghz Pro - M2P Standard Controller - Crystalsky 5.5

Generally I am quite happy with this setup. I skipped the smart controller because judgng by the pics, once you attach the alientech antenna, there will not be enough room for an HDMI cable. Goggles are essential for me. And in order for the goggles to take advantage of the alientech antenna, need to use HDMI out since it has its own connect to the bird.

Essentially only 4 minuses so far:

1) A bit heavy. Lanyard would be a welcome addition. Anyone know a clean lanyard attach for a similar setup?
2) Setup time is a bit longer plugging it all up. Not a big deal.
3) Since I HDMI out to the goggles, I get the constant wind warning pop ups like everyone else. Hoping the NLD releases a mod (already having NLD running for forced FCC) that allows disabling of the wind warnings like they did with the MP.
4) The crystalsky can only do 720p live view. Not a huge deal since at longer distnaces you can expect the res to drop to 720p anyways.

20190605_194232_1024.jpg

From top to bottom.

Alientech 2.4ghz Pro - M2P Standard Controller - Crystalsky 5.5

Generally I am quite happy with this setup. I skipped the smart controller because judgng by the pics, once you attach the alientech antenna, there will not be enough room for an HDMI cable. Goggles are essential for me. And in order for the goggles to take advantage of the alientech antenna, need to use HDMI out since it has its own connect to the bird.

Essentially only 4 minuses so far:

1) A bit heavy. Lanyard would be a welcome addition. Anyone know a clean lanyard attach for a similar setup?
2) Setup time is a bit longer plugging it all up. Not a big deal.
3) Since I HDMI out to the goggles, I get the constant wind warning pop ups like everyone else. Hoping the NLD releases a mod (already having NLD running for forced FCC) that allows disabling of the wind warnings like they did with the MP.
4) The crystalsky can only do 720p live view. Not a huge deal since at longer distnaces you can expect the res to drop to 720p anyways.

View attachment 74615
what about something like this bit expensive though Transmitter Carbon fiber tray for DJI MAVIC if you need more info let me no ......

Nice setup :)

The only things with setting up a lanyard is it may be difficult to find a nice balance, and the height of the setup, quite a distance from the body to top of Alientech, and the screen at the bottom you might find your head turned down hard looking at that there. Get sore neck after a while.

If you find a way to balance it and a place to secure the lanyard, I found a short length of fishing trace, with standard and snap swivel (removed) worked good as mine came across the controller screen.
Lanyard would obscure too much, but the trace is barely noticeable . . .

thor_holder_lanyard_01lr.jpg

thor_holder_lanyard_02lr.jpg

Your setup might be more comfortable on your lap sitting in a comfy folding camp chair, but if you find a good balance the lanyard does help with long multi battery use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143