DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Here Some video's, What do u think?

how about now?
:)
Looks like you a have a good land scape for taking drone videos.
Notice when you pan the Camera down from the sky the exposure settings change,,
Low light is tough for any drone so capture the light while you can,
The tracking at the end was a nice touch.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain / Snow

I came back to see if the Resolution was updated and its still at 720 , you might consider 2K for a better look.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain / Snow

Reactions: SamySh6
I came back to see if the Resolution was updated and its still at 720 , you might consider 2K for a better look.

Phantomrain.org
I did not know that
Thank you :)

i dont have 2k in my program, i have jst 480p 720p 1080p and 4k?
which one is best?

and what are the best settings for shooting for YouTube?

Last edited:
I did not know that

which one is best?

It depends on your computer , you dont want to be frustrated with long render and freezing times .
My advice record in 4K convert that footage to 2K and edit that for some really nice striking video quality both on the computer and the Large Screen Tv.

Phantomrain.org

Well done for your first drone video. Filming snow scenes is generally best shot with manual exposure as most cameras expose to 18% grey (density) that is to say they expose correctly for an average subject - 50% light +50% dark, so snow scenes will appear somewhat darker and the coalyard will appear somewhat brighter because of overcompensation on auto exposure. Do not shoot when highlight warnings are flashing on the monitor as the snow will be completely washed out.
I brightened my laptop screen by +1 f-stop while viewing the video and it looks much cleaner and better. I feel manual is worth a try and will leave filming exposure more consistent.

Looking great!

Hi
This is my first time have drone
You can check anther video's
What do u think?

Nice video, but I think I would have taken advantage of the zoom feature in some of the shots particularly that of the 2 guys and possibly the black bird, but hey that's just me.

Hi
This is my first time have drone
You can check anther video's
What do u think?

Several comments come to mind- (1) I tried to increase the clarity or resolution with the "cog" but it only went to 720p. The resolution of the trees looks "muddy."
(2) It seems as though you were flying aimlessly. What I mean is that you did not have a specific flight plan. Rather, to turn left, then right, then left....hmm, what way should I go next? I know all of that snow can be discombobulating.

I did not know that

which one is best?

I am no expert but I know that You Tube has to compress everything so the higher you start out (e.g.: the higher your starting resolution) the better your end product should look. I try to submit everything as 4K. Also, when playing a You Tube, I always first go to the little "cog" icon" at the lower right and select the highest Rez available. Sometimes it is only 720 p or 1080p, something it is 2160.

Last edited:
Good video, particularly in light of being a beginner.

Always remember, peoples impressions, like or dislike, are highly subjective. For example, I liked the music, others did not. There is a lot of good advise to be had here, and elsewhere, particularly concerning the basics.

I would suggest looking at as many other videos here as you can, and see what you like and what others like. There is a formula for "popular videos", but in the end, do it the way you like.

Reactions: SamySh6 and dozzn
Great job!
There are some good videos explaining video resolution on Google. You can check them out. Here is a screen grab of the first 3 listings. Essentially it's the measurement of a rectangle in pixels. The more pixels, the better and higher the resolution and the better the image is. The "p" stands for pixels, and the "K" stands for thousands. Thus 4K is 4000x pixels is the number of pixels across one side of the rectangle, etc. Go to You Tube and type into the search the following term...."Video Resolutions Explained." Hope this helps you out.

I'm sure your program has 4K if it recent. If you submit 4K to You Tube they will still compress it.
Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 2.46.51 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi, from someone who is not good at this sort of thing, (filming from drone ) I thought it was fantastic,loved the music, the right song for the subject! Very smooth flying,
Great all round!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000