DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hex icon above take-off icon in DJI Fly app

eEridani

Reactions
The Hex icon is related to safety feature, like turning on and off sideways moves, and what to do for collision avoidance. The color changes used are mostly invisible to my eyes, and I'll just as often hit the icon when trying to press the launch icon (a 5" display and a fat finger will cause this). The net result is I'll change the collision detection and avoidance to brake rather than avoid, which causes the drone to freeze in place when the drone is between two objects. Not exactly useful since you can't even manually control the drone until you change the settings back to OFF or avoid.

I've done a fair look around for options on the controller (in software) to disable the icon, but haven't found anything. What is nagging me is I can change the option in settings, and a simple mistouch on the gui upsets the intentional setting and makes it nearly impossible to quickly get back to my intended mode.

My primary issue is the icon: It cycles per touch to white, white-no sides, gold, gold-no sides, but upon selecting the gold (bypass), the icon reverts back to white. It won't stick on gold, the mode I really want. So I end up going deep into the settings to set the mode back to bypass, the icon turns gold and stays (until I bump it again).

Yeah - I know perhaps buried in the eight (now 10) manuals I have there is a sentence I skimmed that might help; but the sections I've read make no mention of HOW the control is supposed to work, nor ways to affect the function (like turn off the icon, which would be best for me). The real fun part is the current DJI Fly app manual doesn't even show the icon I am talking about (see second image).

Attachments

• Icon Query.jpg
    Icon Query.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • No Icon.png
    No Icon.png
    768.7 KB · Views: 23
The Hex icon is related to safety feature, like turning on and off sideways moves, and what to do for collision avoidance. The color changes used are mostly invisible to my eyes, and I'll just as often hit the icon when trying to press the launch icon (a 5" display and a fat finger will cause this). The net result is I'll change the collision detection and avoidance to brake rather than avoid, which causes the drone to freeze in place when the drone is between two objects. Not exactly useful since you can't even manually control the drone until you change the settings back to OFF or avoid.

I've done a fair look around for options on the controller (in software) to disable the icon, but haven't found anything. What is nagging me is I can change the option in settings, and a simple mistouch on the gui upsets the intentional setting and makes it nearly impossible to quickly get back to my intended mode.

My primary issue is the icon: It cycles per touch to white, white-no sides, gold, gold-no sides, but upon selecting the gold (bypass), the icon reverts back to white. It won't stick on gold, the mode I really want. So I end up going deep into the settings to set the mode back to bypass, the icon turns gold and stays (until I bump it again).

Yeah - I know perhaps buried in the eight (now 10) manuals I have there is a sentence I skimmed that might help; but the sections I've read make no mention of HOW the control is supposed to work, nor ways to affect the function (like turn off the icon, which would be best for me). The real fun part is the current DJI Fly app manual doesn't even show the icon I am talking about (see second image).
Seems like you need to move up to a tablet. I used my phone for awhile and it was hard to see / read / etc, so upgraded to a 10" tablet and it's SO MUCH BETTER and the tablet is dedicated to the drone - so not a 100 other apps running and creating issues while flying.

The hex is obstacle avoidance. You can switch the RC into SPORT which turns off ALL obstacle avoidance on the drone.

Reactions: NDWildBill
Seems like you need to move up to a tablet. I used my phone for awhile and it was hard to see / read / etc, so upgraded to a 10" tablet and it's SO MUCH BETTER and the tablet is dedicated to the drone - so not a 100 other apps running and creating issues while flying.

The hex is obstacle avoidance. You can switch the RC into SPORT which turns off ALL obstacle avoidance on the drone.
Thank you for telling me my DJI Smart Controller is trash. lol.

Beyond that - I know exactly what the icon SHOULD do; but is not acting as expected, and does not appear to be an intermittent, chance misstep through the option rotation. It's like that control doesn't want to stick on the bypass method, and always jumps back to brake.

Monday I'll be connecting up with DJI to ask for professional help.

Thank you for telling me my DJI Smart Controller is trash. lol.

Beyond that - I know exactly what the icon SHOULD do; but is not acting as expected, and does not appear to be an intermittent, chance misstep through the option rotation. It's like that control doesn't want to stick on the bypass method, and always jumps back to brake.

Monday I'll be connecting up with DJI to ask for professional help.

Please let us know what you find out from DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98