DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey from the Mojave Desert

Reactions
I'm a documentary filmmaker and run DocumentaryTV.com and just bought my first drone - the Mavic 2 Pro and am thrilled to find this forum. Seems like a great resource. Also can't wait to use it to get some aerial shots in some of my upcoming projects. Originally from Davenport, Iowa, but now I live in Ridgecrest, CA on the edge of the Mojave Desert. You may have heard of Ridgecrest this summer when we had the big earthquakes. Anyway, glad to be hear and looking forward to some great drone discussions.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I'm a documentary filmmaker and run DocumentaryTV.com and just bought my first drone - the Mavic 2 Pro and am thrilled to find this forum. Seems like a great resource. Also can't wait to use it to get some aerial shots in some of my upcoming projects. Originally from Davenport, Iowa, but now I live in Ridgecrest, CA on the edge of the Mojave Desert. You may have heard of Ridgecrest this summer when we had the big earthquakes. Anyway, glad to be hear and looking forward to some great drone discussions.
Welcome to the forum Desert Hawkeye,

Just watched four of your trailer documentary films, amazing very well done. You definitely will like using the Mavic 2 Pro on future projects.

I used to prospect up in your area, just a few miles out of Ridgecrest. Even rode off terrain bikes out there, boy that was 35 plus years ago.

I fly the Mavic 2 Pro, maybe someday in the future we can meet and fly out there in your area. Which is probably the best area on the planet to fly, please share future adventures.

All the best,
Paul

Welcome to the forum Desert Hawkeye,

Just watched four of your trailer documentary films, amazing very well done. You definitely will like using the Mavic 2 Pro on future projects.

I used to prospect up in your area, just a few miles out of Ridgecrest. Even rode off terrain bikes out there, boy that was 35 plus years ago.

I fly the Mavic 2 Pro, maybe someday in the future we can meet and fly out there in your area. Which is probably the best area on the planet to fly, please share future adventures.

All the best,
Paul
Thanks Waldo. I'll post things as I get some good footage. Doing a lot of test flights now getting used to things. And you're right, so many great places to fly out here.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome. Coincidentally I stopped into Ridgecrest in Sept 2019 (stayed 1-night at the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites near the China Lake Naval Station) after visiting Death Valley. I checked out a bit of the "Unintended 1900" trailer. Looks like you are using a drone there. Guess you paid someone to fly it?

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803