DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey guys please let me know a location that is ideal for flying

Daniel Lee 123

Reactions
Hey guys I'm new to flying drones and I don't know where to fly do you have any ideas? because I have emailed countless parks but they wouldn't allow drones period.
Is there any other type of locations that would be okay to fly?
I'm based in GTA Ontario and I do have basic operators certificate.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to you from the friendly skies of Texas USA!

Always wanted to visit Ontario, but haven't made it yet. Guess I'll have to see Toronto thru the lens of your drone. Lots of fellow Canadians can help you deal with TC regs, and over 100,000 more of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer. You might consider reposting with a header saying, "Where can I fly in/near Toronto?". We have several members in GTA who will be glad to respond.

Glad to have you with us. Happy flying!

Hey guys I'm new to flying drones and I don't know where to fly do you have any ideas? because I have emailed countless parks but they wouldn't allow drones period.
Welcome from Quebec
I’m mostly like you, new to drones, and I picked a local parc nearby my place to fly and practice using my drone and all functions. There’s very few places around Quebec City that allows flying drones because of the airport restrictions that cover almost all of the city area. So, I’m playing in a parc located just outside the no fly zone and I have fun learning maneuvers and such. It’s also a safe environment to get use to winds and how it affect the drone. Better be ready.
regards,

May be a stretch atm but Western Australia is great!

I live in Markham and typically fly north east in the countryside....good visibility and no real airports to worry about except the Markham airport, not to be confused with the Buttonville airport.

I also checked with the City of Markham and they do not restrict flying in Markham parks as long as you are obeying the Transport Canada rules.

Also be aware of Rouge Urban National Park which falls under the no fly rule for Parks Canada.

Happy flying and may the sky always be blue.

Last edited:
Pickering.

I shot this video back in Dec 2013, right after the big ice-storm, using my old Phantom-1. I'd love to do this again flying the much smoother Mavic Mini.

Where specifically in Pickering is that train trestle?

Thank you all for your response and suggestion!
I’m also looking at Simco area and Newmarket is there any restrictions that I have an that i’m also looking at Simco area in Newmarket is there any restrictions that I have to know there?

Thank you all for your response and suggestion!
I’m also looking at Simco area and Newmarket is there any restrictions that I have an that i’m also looking at Simco area in Newmarket is there any restrictions that I have to know there?
Just Google "DJI zone map" and the top pick should be the DJI map that shows airports in the area.

I always check the drone site selection tool for flight restrictions but i’m more talking about the local restrictions like they often restrict drones in the local parks and stuff so I was more referring to that.

I always check the drone site selection tool for flight restrictions but i’m more talking about the local restrictions like they often restrict drones in the local parks and stuff so I was more referring to that.
As for local parks, best to ask the municipality for their rule(s) or lack thereof....I did that in the case of the City of Markham.

The Golden Horseshoe is pretty crowded with controlled airspace and people - pretty rough for Basic ops.
You might want to look up toward Barrie - maybe along highway 11.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR