DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey, new here just getting to grips with the Mavick Pro

Platothefish

Reactions
Hi,
I just signed up. I live in Oxford and Alston (North England in the hills) in the UK.
I got the Mavick Pro for two reasons:
  1. Arial archaeology - I am chair of trustees of a Roman fort but live in two areas with a lot of ancient sites both discovered and undiscovered that I want to explore from the air.
  2. Landscape photography.
I have about an hour fly time just.

I have two immediate questions
  1. The beginner mode appears to have a height limit - I live in the hills so I get to about 10 feet and that’s it! How do I disable this?
  2. What apps are people using to plan plights?
Regards

Platothefish

Reactions: dirkclod and Carb63
Welcome to the forum, and I hope you and your Mavic Pro get on well together ... Sounds like a fun way to use it!
Beginner mode setting is done in Go4 ... You really need to get familiar with Go4 to use your Mavic Pro to the full. Have a look at this guide to get a good overview:
Depending on how you want to 'Plan' your flights, you can use Go4 and 'Waypoints' - or a very popular alternative controller app' that can be used in place of Go4, is Litchi:

Reactions: Platothefish
Hi,
I just signed up. I live in Oxford and Alston (North England in the hills) in the UK.
  1. Arial archaeology - I am chair of trustees of a Roman fort but live in two areas with a lot of ancient sites both discovered and undiscovered that I want to explore from the air.

1. The beginner mode appears to have a height limit - I live in the hills so I get to about 10 feet and that’s it! How do I disable this?
Regards

Platothefish

Hey welcome! Sounds like you have some good interesting places to fly!

For aerial archeology check out Pix4DCapture. It’s super easy and basically does everything for you and will survey an area and create a 3D map of the area and has some advanced analysis tools to help you discover those undiscovered sites.
So it can pick up things that aren’t able to be seen with the naked eye and makes them clear as day. 72086
It can also make high resolution 3D models of the ruins.

I also like Litchi for photography missions. Pix4DCapture is mostly business and science but Litchi lets you get more creative.

You can turn beginner mode off in the main controller setting which is the very top menu in the settings page

Welcome to the forum! :)

The beginner mode appears to have a height limit - I live in the hills so I get to about 10 feet and that’s it! How do I disable this?
When Beginner Mode is enabled, the aircraft will be restricted to an altitude and distance of 30 meters. There is no way to adjust that distance. You can disable Beginner Mode in the following section of DJI GO:

Hi,

Regards

Platothefish
Let me be one of the first to welcome you to the forum. Open your DJI app and go to general settings , once there look for the remote icon move the button from beginner mode to the right. See pic attached.
Happy flying !!

Attachments

• CF41BF58-A1C9-423F-9C29-A64B1415B8A3.png
    CF41BF58-A1C9-423F-9C29-A64B1415B8A3.png
    696.8 KB · Views: 3
Tap the 3 dots on the right to get to general setting. Sorry , I didn’t mention this. Then press the drone icon at the top. Just remember you just got your drone and may not be familiar with getting around the screen. I remember when I started. Lol. It was interesting at the beginning. Best to you and send pics. Love to see them.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome Platofish, I envy your opportunity in your backyard per se. That's something I always wanted to do in life, n search for lost treasures n did some. Lost allot of money n gas n tires. But had fun with my boys going keeping in them thar hills dare. Found a human skull once, n a few guns n rings ect. You're more into archaeological finds, very interesting regardless. Too old a dog n too many expensive hobbies. Laugh You need to turn off beginner mode in settings on controller or djigo4 app. There's tons of experts here if you need help. I am not one of them. I struggle everyday with IT problems. Ty

Hi,

Regards

Platothefish
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803