DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi all from Devon uk

rob1468

Reactions
Hi all , new flier got a p3 quite a while ago and have never flown it yet but the other week was offered a Mavic pro with all the trimmings , I live in north Devon uk , but last week went to Cornwall to visit parents and took the Mavic and put it in the air for first time got a few min video and had a play around then tried RTH all of a sudden it shot up quite a bit and I then remembered seeing somewhere that it does that as too not hit anything it slowly returned and continued to land about 15 foot from ground I took over and landed it safely , my dad was astounded by it as he’s not seen one before , so in all good start to drone flying I’ve been using rc for years and was county champion in 1/8 scale truggy racing so bit of a change but hopefully an enjoyable one
regards rob

Hello from the Crossroads of America rob1468.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

From the West Coast of the US - Welcome to MP!! Glad to have you.

Definitely take the time to learn the settings. One thing in doing that, you will KNOW what they're set at so you won't be surprised.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome.
I would however suggest you read the manuals for both drones before flying either 'again'. They are available online and for download.
In particular read the RTH sections as the behaviour can change depending on the circumstances of the RTH and the distance of the drone from the home point when the RTH is initiated.
I find actually experimenting with them in a safe and uncluttered enviroment is better than encountering a behaviour for the first time in a real flight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi all , new flier got a p3 quite a while ago and have never flown it yet but the other week was offered a Mavic pro with all the trimmings , I live in north Devon uk , but last week went to Cornwall to visit parents and took the Mavic and put it in the air for first time got a few min video and had a play around then tried RTH all of a sudden it shot up quite a bit and I then remembered seeing somewhere that it does that as too not hit anything it slowly returned and continued to land about 15 foot from ground I took over and landed it safely , my dad was astounded by it as he’s not seen one before , so in all good start to drone flying I’ve been using rc for years and was county champion in 1/8 scale truggy racing so bit of a change but hopefully an enjoyable one
regards rob
Hi Rob. I am also in N Devon and fly a DJI M2, when I get a chance, i.e. time and conditions. If you are on IG or FB check out BingsterUK for great local photo's.

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Thanks all for the kind welcome , I will make sure I swot up on the settings as been said better safe than sorry , the weather hasn’t really been kind to us this summer as with being isolated with the pandemic as most would be
Red_robbo said
Hi Rob. I am also in N Devon and fly a DJI M2, when I get a chance, i.e. time and conditions. If you are on IG or FB check out BingsterUK for great local photo's.
I will check out your Bingsteruk
regards rob

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
regards rob
Hello Rob and welcome from Sunny Somerset ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61