DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi All new here and i have a problem

0snowboarder

Reactions
so i have a mavric pro

i get overload error message.
gimbal wont calibrate because it keeps catching on plate likes its bent or something ?

i noticed when i try to do a calibrate the gimbal scrapes on the plate above., on close inspection the right hand side is catching the top of the plate. see photos have had it in my bag with no protection on gimbal. oops

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_212014.jpg
    IMG_20200328_212014.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20200328_211920.jpg
    IMG_20200328_211920.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20200328_212019.jpg
    IMG_20200328_212019.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20200328_212031.jpg
    IMG_20200328_212031.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
check that the gimbal plate is under the anti drop hook at the back and the two front plates at the front

Reactions: WAXMAN
so i have a mavric pro

i get overload error message.
gimbal wont calibrate because it keeps catching on plate likes its bent or something ?

i noticed when i try to do a calibrate the gimbal scrapes on the plate above., on close inspection the right hand side is catching the top of the plate. see photos have had it in my bag with no protection on gimbal. oops
Well....there you go?‍♂️
check YouTube for repair suggestions or, have to DJI for repair this is a delicate part of a MP

The achilles heel of the M1P I know from experience.
Hopefully you can find the plate misaligned, or one or more of the bands not in place correctly, and fix yourself.
Getting stuff fixed in the current World crisis is going to be very difficult, I image it will get worse in the coming days, weeks.
Good luck, hope you find the solution and fix fast.

The achilles heel of the M1P I know from experience.
Hopefully you can find the plate misaligned, or one or more of the bands not in place correctly, and fix yourself.
Getting stuff fixed in the current World crisis is going to be very difficult, I image it will get worse in the coming days, weeks.
Good luck, hope you find the solution and fix fast.
hi thanks for your message. i pushed the plate down and bent the gimbal harm out. sort of worked. but i still get the gimbal overload message now. which sucks as i believe that is related to needing a new one

hi thanks for your message. i pushed the plate down and bent the gimbal harm out. sort of worked. but i still get the gimbal overload message now. which sucks as i believe that is related to needing a new one

Yes, my original M1P got this, after I left the gimbal clamp on one too many times, and for more than a few seconds (I flew ! About 1 minute, too excited and inexperienced).
The gimbal would start it's calibration, but not complete, usually hang limply downwards to one side and not centre as normal.
I sent it back to DJI, explaining my mistake, luckily they replaced under warranty with a refirb, and it's been superb ever since (3-1/2 years).

Something caused this problem of yours.

Was it a clamp left on, a minor crash or bump, drop ?
It could be the gimbal itself is affected, or the gimbal ribbon is damaged, a relatively simple part and self repair.

Reactions: alopeznj
Yes, my original M1P got this, after I left the gimbal clamp on one too many times, and for more than a few seconds (I flew ! About 1 minute, too excited and inexperienced).
The gimbal would start it's calibration, but not complete, usually hang limply downwards to one side and not centre as normal.
I sent it back to DJI, explaining my mistake, luckily they replaced under warranty with a refirb, and it's been superb ever since (3-1/2 years).

Something caused this problem of yours.

Was it a clamp left on, a minor crash or bump, drop ?
It could be the gimbal itself is affected, or the gimbal ribbon is damaged, a relatively simple part and self repair.
I made a video

Link

I made a video

Link

Exactly how mine behaved.
Now, the big problem is, they just replaced mine with a refirb, and didn't explain (and DJI rarely say this about any problem) what the issue was.
It could have been the gimbal motor, and I suspect this over a ribbon cable.

That's why I asked if you had left a clamp on during a start up or flight . . . or if it had been in a minor crash or had a drop (without clamp on) etc.

Exactly how mine behaved.
Now, the big problem is, they just replaced mine with a refirb, and didn't explain (and DJI rarely say this about any problem) what the issue was.
It could have been the gimbal motor, and I suspect this over a ribbon cable.

That's why I asked if you had left a clamp on during a start up or flight . . . or if it had been in a minor crash or had a drop (without clamp on) etc.

So the option is i replace ribbon. Or buy whole build off ebsy at 100 pounds. Or send into dji and have to wait 4 months

So you can't say if "
you had left a clamp on during a start up or flight . . . or if it had been in a minor crash or had a drop (without clamp on) etc.
" ?

One could break a gimbal, one could damage a ribbon / gimbal, or both.
Did you find the plate loose / out of place before (post #6) ?

If so, something happened, and you haven't said if you are aware of anything regarding that.

So the option is i replace ribbon. Or buy whole build off ebsy at 100 pounds. Or send into dji and have to wait 4 months

Trouble is it's so hard to diagnose !
Most repairers would likely just replace the whole gimbal and just cover all the bases.

DJI don't usually repair aircraft sent in for warranty.
They just look at it, estimate it's a gimbal, price up, and send out a refurb.
They must then bulk repair stuff as needed in a major repair centre somewhere.

If the ribbon (cheap anyway) is seperate from the gimbal assembly, maybe try it first.
If that fails, get a gimbal assembly, but of course it could be something entirely different, maybe the gimbal plate is damaged (cracked), maybe a circuit board or solder joint was damaged in a bump / crash.

Hard enough to diagnose something with ta drone in front of you.
Almost impossible online, more so without background info of any incident that could have contributed.

So you can't say if "
" ?

One could break a gimbal, one could damage a ribbon / gimbal, or both.
Did you find the plate loose / out of place before (post #6) ?

If so, something happened, and you haven't said if you are aware of anything regarding that.

Trouble is it's so hard to diagnose !
Most repairers would likely just replace the whole gimbal and just cover all the bases.

DJI don't usually repair aircraft sent in for warranty.
They just look at it, estimate it's a gimbal, price up, and send out a refurb.
They must then bulk repair stuff as needed in a major repair centre somewhere.

If the ribbon (cheap anyway) is seperate from the gimbal assembly, maybe try it first.
If that fails, get a gimbal assembly, but of course it could be something entirely different, maybe the gimbal plate is damaged (cracked), maybe a circuit board or solder joint was damaged in a bump / crash.

Hard enough to diagnose something with ta drone in front of you.
Almost impossible online, more so without background info of any incident that could have contributed.

No plate was fine (i. E we mean the plate the back thing on strings)

I had it in my backpack on holiday last yeah and i never used clamp for gimbel so probably being knocked in bag

No plate was fine (i. E we mean the plate the back thing on strings)

I had it in my backpack on holiday last yeah and i never used clamp for gimbel so probably being knocked in bag

Ok, so you have the pro (M1P) and 2 seperate protectors . . . The clamp, the really important one, and the gimbal cover, not quite as necessary for travel / transporting the drone, but it saves any impact / stress from things pushing on the clamped gimbal.

135720.jpg
and 1586031878746.jpeg

You can get aftermarket cover that also clamps, have never had / tried it . . .

612CfZFp9aL._SL1500_.jpg

As posted above, diagnosis is going to be hardest thing.
Knowing now about the lack of clamp (and / or cover), I'd say either ribbon or gimbal.

Maybe try the cheaper ribbon replacement first, see if that fixes it.

Reactions: 0snowboarder
Ok, so you have the pro (M1P) and 2 seperate protectors . . . The clamp, the really important one, and the gimbal cover, not quite as necessary for travel / transporting the drone, but it saves any impact / stress from things pushing on the clamped gimbal.

135720.jpg
and View attachment 97936

You can get aftermarket cover that also clamps, have never had / tried it . . .

612CfZFp9aL._SL1500_.jpg

As posted above, diagnosis is going to be hardest thing.
Knowing now about the lack of clamp (and / or cover), I'd say either ribbon or gimbal.

Maybe try the cheaper ribbon replacement first, see if that fixes it.

Yes i bought one of them.

Take it DJI won't replace it. Free. Fix. I did read someone got a free fix with same error.

DJI listed it as faulty board. And replaced with referb

Yes i bought one of them.

Take it DJI won't replace it. Free. Fix. I did read someone got a free fix with same error.

DJI listed it as faulty board. And replaced with referb

Hey, you can give it a try !!

Mine was my fault, left a clamp on once too often, and that last time during a flight, gawd I was green still.
They replaced mine with refurb, so lucky as I explained what happened to them . . . and never a problem since.

I put this on the back of my clamp soon after getting the refurb back.

mavic_clamp_tape_lr.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka