DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HI, Does Antenna Mirror Reflector really help?

SamySh6

Reactions
Hello, I have some questions
1-Does Antenna Mirror Reflector really help for my Mini 2?

2-Is there any way to share what I see on the mobile screen with my friends' phones as well?

3-Is the size of the Propellers of the Mini 1 different from the size of the Propellers of the Mini 2?

4-There is LED Propellers for Mini 2 like this in video

Last edited:
Reactions: Droniac
Depends on what your signal issues are and the environment you fly in.
I was having a range/directional issue with an Inspire2 and this type of hardware did make a noticeable difference. Cost effective in my case.
Yours may vary.

Reactions: Droniac and SamySh6
Depends on what your signal issues are and the environment you fly in.
I was having a range/directional issue with an Inspire2 and this type of hardware did make a noticeable difference. Cost effective in my case.
Yours may vary.
I have no issues, but sometimes I feel that the signal is disappearing and coming back.
So only to improv this range/signal

What do you think of the other questions?

Reactions: Droniac
I can answer number four.
Leave that one alone. The biggest issue there is prop balance.
And the issue is they aren’t.

Reactions: SamySh6
A question for the radio folks here, I had assumed that the antenna was supposed to be at the focus of such curved reflectors, am I correct? I assume the actual antennae are in the vertical 'wings' of the phone holder.
If so will this reflector be of much use?

3) they may have similar lengths etc. BUT they are not interchangable, differences in the pivot hubs, the mounting screws AND THE SCREW THREADS

4) AVOID like coronavirus, poor balance for one thing. Besides which I haven't seen them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ehje and SamySh6
Your Question 3. :- Have a look on you tube! The propellers may be the same size but I believe the hubs are slightly different sizes and the screws holding the propellers are of a different size of thread. Therefore the propellers are not interchangeable.

Reactions: DJayI and SamySh6
@SamySh6 the props for both drones are not interchangeable
all that the mirror would do would stop some of the RF signal from spreading out from the antennas and gather more of the returning signal from the drone ,this would give a slight increase in range ,but with the Mini2 having Occusync i dont think you will notice much improvement and you would have to make sure that the antennas were always pointing in the drones direction ,although the claimed distance that DJI say would seem wonderful ,there are many things that can attenuate the signal between the RC and Drone ,and because of its size you will soon loose sight of it im afraid , the main benefit of the Occusync is signal stability

I agree with old man mavic. Reflectors make antenna highly directional. Transmission wise, this can be a benefit, however it also narrows the angle and so aiming the antenna at the target becomes more critical and less forgiving.
Using a firearm analogy, a shotgun fires a group of pellets that spread out as they approach the target, increasing the likelihood of a hit, but at the cost of range and pinpoint accuracy. On the other hand the reflector, or rifle in this analogy, fires a single projectile over a long range with pinpoint accuracy, however, errors in aiming will be less tolerated. A problem amplified if you cannot see the target.
In the interest of full disclosure, I have not tried reflectors on my Mini 2, so no actual experience with them on the M2. My surrounding environment and/or my range requirements have not left me wanting, so far.
Antenna design is a well-known science nowadays. IMO I have to assume DJI has done what is practical to maximize the range under most real-world conditions. Though I suppose there is always room for improvement.

I have no issues, but sometimes I feel that the signal is disappearing and coming back.
So only to improv this range/signal

What do you think of the other questions?
I personally havnt had much success with them although they are fun and are practical on occasion. No substitute for “OEM” stuff in my (small amount) of experience.

Hello, I have some questions
1-Does Antenna Mirror Reflector really help for my Mini 2?

2-Is there any way to share what I see on the mobile screen with my friends' phones as well?

3-Is the size of the Propellers of the Mini 1 different from the size of the Propellers of the Mini 2?

4-There is LED Propellers for Mini 2 like this in video
Controller reflectors do improve the strength of the signal pointed straight ahead. They just reduce that "cone" of signal to a narrower beam that goes farther. At least, that's my understanding.

All of the LED propellers that I have seen (which is few) for the Phantoms and Mavicx have had the LED strip on one side. Between the potential for the weight to be unbalanced and the aerodynamic hit, that would be big "nope" for me.

1615137471532.png

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada