DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from a wannabe Mavic Pro owner

deufrai

Reactions
Hi everyone

I seriously consider getting a Mavic Pro for hobby aerial Photo and Video in the next couple month.
So I'm now in the study process and look around for all info I can get my hands on about this wonderfull drone.

Already completed reading the user manual (feels like an alien, doing that), checked lots of tutorials and tips videos on Youtube. And, oddly enough, looked at tons of "crash reports" to see what are the most common human errors.

A youtube video from Drone 51 channel brought me in here and by seeing the quality of the discussions in this forum, I just decided to register and say "Hi"

I wish you all clear skies and good flights, until I report about my purchase and maiden flight

Seeya'll

Welcome :D

Dont hesitate to buy it! You wont regret it!

I just did my very first video, result, is ok.. but you just can get better. If you want to shot nice pictures and footages just go for it!

Here is my first video!

I want to see also your video's when you will get your drone, so I can also learn from you,

Anyways, welcome to this amazing community!

Reactions: William Stinessen
Hi everyone

I seriously consider getting a Mavic Pro for hobby aerial Photo and Video in the next couple month.
So I'm now in the study process and look around for all info I can get my hands on about this wonderfull drone.

Already completed reading the user manual (feels like an alien, doing that), checked lots of tutorials and tips videos on Youtube. And, oddly enough, looked at tons of "crash reports" to see what are the most common human errors.

A youtube video from Drone 51 channel brought me in here and by seeing the quality of the discussions in this forum, I just decided to register and say "Hi"

I wish you all clear skies and good flights, until I report about my purchase and maiden flight

Seeya'll
Howdy from Wyoming @deufrai , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome. I know it may look like a very expensive hobby, but once you get it (and fly responsibly) you'll realise the experience and the view from above is worth every cent. You'll see the world from a different perspective.
Remember to buy from reputable companies, and not chase for the cheapest you might find, lots of scam. If it's too cheap (>20% discount of retail), be wary and do some research about the seller first.

Hi everyone

Seeya'll
Awesome Machine! I own 2 of them, just in case one goes down, I wont suffer the Withdrawal Effects! LOL

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Welcome! If you are not buying for a couple months then you have an added dilemma; the Mavic Pro 2. It is expected in "late spring" and the specs and pricing are mainly rumor but it might be worth waiting for. I would let others work out the bugs of the first release and not buy one till fall but it should cause a price drop of the current MP once it is released.

Reactions: GDK
Thanks all for the warm welcome :)

As I have some others pricy hobbies (astrophoto & 1/8th scale RC Buggy) I'll stick to this Mavic Pro. It has all I need to fullfill my needs. And If I can benefit a small price drop thanks to the MPII release, then so be it.

As a sofware engineer, I also have some ideas regarding flight log analysis tools, but I'll talk to you guys later on this subject in a dedicated thread.

Peace

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! The Mavic is truly amazing! Fly safe and have fun!

And bing ! Got my Mavic Pro yesterday. Since the Mavic 2 (s) are still a maybe reagarding what, when and price, I decided to get a well known product

Spent last evening charging and upgrading
Tonight will be settings review + tweaks

Expecting maiden flight tomorrow

Indeed I am
I want to make sure I get comfortable with all aspects
Still in the process of devising my own pre-flight check list
I'll report on my maiden flight in a new threat, with quite surely some video footage

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000