DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Bend Oregon.

• Thread starter Deleted member 119987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 119987

Decided to buy the little Mavic Mini. I was originally wanting the Spark or the Mavic Air.
Im hearing a lot about problems due to either a motor issue or a propeller issue.
From what I have heard, what happens is out of the blue you may get an an un-commanded decent.
Is this on all Mavic drones or just the Mini... and would it be better to get the next step up?
Other than that... any other drones in Central Oregon?

Welcome to the forum! :)

From what I have heard, what happens is out of the blue you may get an an un-commanded decent
Where were you hearing that?

Welcome to the forum. I own a Mini and it has it's place in my flight bag with my Mavic Air. We look forward to your contributions and your view of the world.

I have read about some disconnect issues and maybe loss of GPS signals at times, but never about a loss of power.
Like anything that goes up in the sky, it must come down somehow. A lot of times, you'll find the people who run into such problems don't entirely understand how their drone is supposed to operate. In general, they work as expected most of the time when flown within DJI's recommendations (see your DJI manual).

Like anything that goes up in the sky, it must come down somehow. A lot of times, you'll find the people who run into such problems don't entirely understand how their drone is supposed to operate. In general, they work as expected most of the time when flown within DJI's recommendations (see your DJI manual).
Thats what I was thinking. There are a lot of videos on YouTube of people flying these things out of realistic range and in winds higher than its spect out for. Im figuring that for this smaller drone, just keep in in close proximity and not to high and I should be fine.
I will be considering a Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic Pro or Mavic Air in the future though

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Decided to buy the little Mavic Mini. I was originally wanting the Spark or the Mavic Air.
Im hearing a lot about problems due to either a motor issue or a propeller issue.
From what I have heard, what happens is out of the blue you may get an an un-commanded decent.
Is this on all Mavic drones or just the Mini... and would it be better to get the next step up?
Other than that... any other drones in Central Oregon?
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! I haven't had any such issues on mine. Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for all your welcomes :)
I also just purchased a Mavic Air for the reasons that it has more avoidance sensors. I am taking my time learning all about it.
If all goes well, I will definitely share photos

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot great information here. I have heard of a few issues with loss of signal like what was mentioned above, but nothing if you keep it within reasonable range. I have flown our demo here at the office quite a bit and taken it a decent distance and have not ran into any problems with it, it is a solid drone especially for the money. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Mini.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest