DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Canberra

MikeCJ

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

Complete newbie here. After weeks and weeks of deciding to get a drone (and years wanting one), I finally ordered the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo. Very excited and can't wait to receive it. It will be my first drone and first time flying one, but always wanted to. Have a love for of aerial imagery and look forward to being able to take it out around the ACT/NSW region and then on trips around the country and overseas when the world gets back to normal.

Been reading these forums has been helpful, especially with all the rules around flying - the CASA information and the apps seem to make it pretty easy to follow.

If anyone has any tips about being new to flying a drone, the Mavic Mini in particular I'm keen to hear. Also to any others from Canberra and the ACT region who know of good places to go that are within the rules and offer amazing places to video/photograph from above.

I'd be flying from Mt Ainslie down to State Circle, but you'd probably be shot down or arrested as you get over Russell LOL.

With the MM, always fly against the wind on the outleg of the flight so you have a tailwind on the way back.

Welcome to the forum! :)

welcome to the forum,take things easy to start with ,if you do decide to go for an indoor flight then put the prop cage on,it will save the drone and you and your home from a lot of heartache should things get out of hand
personally i would not fly it indoors at first find a nice quiet spot away from trees and people and just stay low and slow in C mode, and practice practice practice find out how the control sticks fly the drone, keep it close at the start ,and if you do feel you need to put the prop cages on outside, then remember that when they are fitted your range and height are restricted ,and they make very good sails if its windy have fun learning

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Don't be fooled by its small size and low price. It's a high performance quad with a great camera. Be glad you got the Combo Pak, giving you a total of 3 batts. You'll need 'em!

At 249 grams, the Mini doesn’t buck the wind as well as beefier drones, so like Iannes says, fly so that you'll have a tailwind on the way back. Several of us have lost our Minis due to high winds. Read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone" App. Chances are you’ll crash and perhaps lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

I hope DJI updates the Fly App with larger fonts to make it easier to read. Some of our members have trouble with it.

Glad to have you as a member!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada