DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Durham UK

CaptainCrash71

Reactions
Hi folks
just looking into buying my first 'proper' drone. Struggling to decide what to buy. I think I've narrowed it down to Mavic Pro or Mavic Air. I can buy the original Pro with 2 x spare batteries for £799, or the Air for £769 with no extras. That's kind of my budget. I want a new drone, not recon or 2nd hand.
I'm not concerned about the shorter distance of the air, I have no plans to fly it further than line of sight.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
I've only ever flown toy drones before now, so a long long way from being a pilot.

Reactions: dirkclod
Some bargains to be had for the original Mavic now on fb marketplace. I sold my air for 450 with the fly more after getting the mavic2 zoom a while ago.

Reactions: Mystiko
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

My recommendation would be to go for the Mavic Air since long distance is not important. It's built better and is less fragile than the Mavic Pro.

Hi folks
just looking into buying my first 'proper' drone. Struggling to decide what to buy. I think I've narrowed it down to Mavic Pro or Mavic Air. I can buy the original Pro with 2 x spare batteries for £799, or the Air for £769 with no extras. That's kind of my budget. I want a new drone, not recon or 2nd hand.
I'm not concerned about the shorter distance of the air, I have no plans to fly it further than line of sight.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
I've only ever flown toy drones before now, so a long long way from being a pilot.
Howdy from Wyoming @CaptainCrash71 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hi CC I’m not a million miles from you in the Bedale area, I had the MP and it’s a great drone, upgraded to the zoom, thought about the air but didn’t want to be restricted even though I “intended” to stay within vlos. Airs are a bit noisier and not a 3 way gimble I believe. Give some thought to where you will be flying and what sort of pictures you want, and project that to the future so you don’t outgrow too soon. ... enjoy.

Hello from Northumberland. Have you looked at the Heliguy site for new drones, they're based in North Shields so quite local to you and they have a very good reputation from what I have read. I have recently ordered a Mavic 2 Pro with the fly more kit. I got a years free insurance with the deal and they let me have the fly more kit for the original price rather than the increased price, seem like a nice outfit to deal with.

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Mavic Air is a little more sturdy but the Mavic Pro has better battery life and better video transmission system. Whatever you end up deciding fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair