DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Germany

GerdS

Reactions
Not one of the lucky Mavic owners yet, but mine is already ordered since Sept.28th at a German DJI distributor and will hopefully arrive this month.
I am flying copters with FPV goggles since end of 2008, beginning with a professional Microdrones MD4-200, followed by various others such as Phantom 2, a Mariner II / SplashDrone, Inductrix, Inductrix 200, FPV-Ladybird.
Before flying FPV I was flying rc helicopters for about 40 years. I even was flying FPV with one of the helicopters for some years, based on DJI Wookong H.

Now I stay tuned for the new possibilities Mavic is promising, e.g. due to its form factor. I also intend to fly it via FPV, either by using the Litschi app with cardboard goggles or maybe the DJI goggles when available.

Regards, Gerd

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi Gerd,
Nice to meet another German in this forum [emoji5]️ herzlich willkommen. I am also still waiting for the mavic to arrive.
Best, Randolph

Welcome to our newest forum Gerd :)

Hello!
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.

Enjoy Thumbswayup

Hi Gerd,

I will be visiting Deutschland in May and want to bring my drone to film some aerial footage of castles like Heidelberg schloss, etc.

Do u know if I need special permission to do that?

I know that some castles have forbidden drone flying, such as Schloss Neuschwanstein. I am not aware of Heidelberg but I guess there it is similar because of high visitor frequentartion and safety. You will have to ask them directly, e.g. at the ticket counter.

Reactions: frankiez
Guten Morgen deutsche Piloten,

I am a German living in Australia, but will be back in Germany on holidays in Sept / Okt 2017. Does it make sense to bring the Mavic with me? Is anyone familiar with the rules in "Main Taunus Kreis" (given that Frankfurt Airport is not far...).

Cheers,
Frank

I am not familiar with Frankfurt and surroundings, but as long as you are at least 1.5 km away from the runway endings or center of airport to the sides you are allowed to fly up to 30m altitude. But better stay more far away. The new drone law starting October will limit max. altitude to 100m above ground outside of airport control zones. It is forbidden to fly over people, heavily frequented streets or Autobahn, near to power plants, industrial or military complexes, near to accidents or over third-party gardens to save the private rights of people. And you will have to fly within visual range.
You will also need a lliability insurance covering drones. It is also a good idea attaching an owners label with contact information to your Mavic, as is required by the new drone law, starting October.
So, no problem taking your Mavic with you. Just fly with mind and reckless and have fun!

Last edited:
I know that some castles have forbidden drone flying, such as Schloss Neuschwanstein. I am not aware of Heidelberg but I guess there it is similar because of high visitor frequentartion and safety. You will have to ask them directly, e.g. at the ticket counter.

Hi Gerds, so u r saying that flying is forbidden at Neuschwanstein? I don't necessarily want to fly over but around the outside. Even if I was a half kilometer away, it would still be some great video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98