DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from HI - Covid-19 DJI Refresh Delay

WoodMan

Reactions
I'm fairly new to drones, having graduated from a Parrot Bebop to Mavic Mini about a month ago. I crashed my Mini into a tree last week and now waiting for DJI to send shipping instructions to take advantage of the DJI Refresh program I bought into. Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 virus, their facilities are temporarily closed down and I've been asked to wait for further instructions. Since there's no telling how long this will take, I ordered and just received my M2Z yesterday. Looking forward to start exploring with it until my Mini gets repaired or replaced. What's everyone's experience on whether it's more likely to get repaired rather than replaced? Current damage is a broken left front arm, a dislodged gimbal and some minor scratches. How long does it normally take for a replacement during normal times?

Also, can I use my FAA registration for my M2Z in addition to my Mini, since I'm only a recreational pilot?

Mahalo In Advance and Stay Safe!

Your FAA # is yours you put it on any drones you have to fly recreationally.
Can't answer you on your other question.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome aboard WoodMan.

Isn't Care Refresh usually replacement, either new or refurb in some cases ?
You pay the refresh fee and get another drone.

"DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. "

Repair or replace is just a warranty option, and DJI make that call ?

Being a fairly new product on the market, you will hopefully get a new mini . . . especially so as they are sending them out (no questions asked) under warranty for uncontrolled descent crashes / losses, even without the drone body.

Welcome to the forum. I fly a Mavic Mini and continue enjoy many flights. The turn around time is rather short. They keep you posted on the website. Shipping to/from repair takes the most time. I have used the service on a Mini and my MA controller. 10 days max turn around, under normal world conditions. You will find alot of support and good information on this forum. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

?Hi from Florida ?

If inclined, selling the MM when you get it back, would be the perfect time. It could bring top dollar with 0 flight time. It’s just a thought because I believe you’ll be sold on your M2Z And never again be satisfied with the mini. Have fun fly safe.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
I’m betting you’ll be flying the Zoom most of the time even after your drone is repaired.
I don't know about that. I really enjoyed flying the Mini with it's few limitations. At least it's pretty quiet and discrete so as to not alarm my neighbors. I live on 14 acres, 3,100 ft up on an inactive volcano so I have plenty of room to explore without bothering any of my neighbors.

I don't know about that. I really enjoyed flying the Mini with it's few limitations. At least it's pretty quiet and discrete so as to not alarm my neighbors. I live on 14 acres, 3,100 ft up on an inactive volcano so I have plenty of room to explore without bothering any of my neighbors.
Then you’ll love the Zoom!

I'm fairly new to drones, having graduated from a Parrot Bebop to Mavic Mini about a month ago. I crashed my Mini into a tree last week and now waiting for DJI to send shipping instructions to take advantage of the DJI Refresh program I bought into. Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 virus, their facilities are temporarily closed down and I've been asked to wait for further instructions. Since there's no telling how long this will take, I ordered and just received my M2Z yesterday. Looking forward to start exploring with it until my Mini gets repaired or replaced. What's everyone's experience on whether it's more likely to get repaired rather than replaced? Current damage is a broken left front arm, a dislodged gimbal and some minor scratches. How long does it normally take for a replacement during normal times?

Also, can I use my FAA registration for my M2Z in addition to my Mini, since I'm only a recreational pilot?

Mahalo In Advance and Stay Safe!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, hope you get back in the air soon. As a hobbyist you can use your FAA registration number on both drones, however the Mini does not require registration unless you will be adding accessories making the drone exceed the 250g limit. Fly safe and have fun!

Well, I finally received my new replacement Mini yesterday. I'm very pleased with DJI's response time during this current event. The most time took for the repair facility to re-open. Once they did, they emailed me a return shipping label and I shipped the damaged one right away. It took a week to arrive in TX, another week of inspecting the damage and making a determination to replace it with a new one. The replacement one took a week to ship back to HI which is about normal. I'm overall very happy that I splurged for the DJI Refresh program and understand I have one more option to use it within the first year.

I suppose all I have to do is register this one with DJI, apply my FAA # to Mini and make a connection to the RC. DJI should know this new drone would be eligible under the same Refresh program until it expires or I renew with Refresh+ for an additional year. Is that a good assumption?

Attachments

• B4UFLY_9152.pdf
    88.8 KB · Views: 1
Well, I finally received my new replacement Mini yesterday. I'm very pleased with DJI's response time during this current event. The most time took for the repair facility to re-open. Once they did, they emailed me a return shipping label and I shipped the damaged one right away. It took a week to arrive in TX, another week of inspecting the damage and making a determination to replace it with a new one. The replacement one took a week to ship back to HI which is about normal. I'm overall very happy that I splurged for the DJI Refresh program and understand I have one more option to use it within the first year.

I suppose all I have to do is register this one with DJI, apply my FAA # to Mini and make a connection to the RC. DJI should know this new drone would be eligible under the same Refresh program until it expires or I renew with Refresh+ for an additional year. Is that a good assumption?
Your assumptions are correct. Also, if you check you’ll probably find the new drone’s serial number in your Refresh policy... when I used it DJI did that part.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost