DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Hook in Yorkshire UK

Paul Kerrigan

Reactions
Hello to all and thank you for inviting me into the group, Paul here from Hook in Yorkshire UK
New to Drones and very excited to be back in the air again after a break of nearly 25 years, when I used to fly model helicopters.
Good to know I haven't lost my skill, I suppose it's like riding a bike, once learnt never forgotten.
Though I know there is so much more to learn and that education continues, it's like my TV Camera Work, after 43 years I still learn something new each day I work.
I'm busy practicing nearly every day on my Mavic Air with a second hand S800 EVO sitting in my office begging for me to pass my PfCO and attach my 360º Camera.
All this while I Camera Operate on the Inspire below for the Film & TV professional pilots I have the honour and pleasure of working with.
My flying is something to look forward to each day, especially during these dark and troublesome times we are all experiencing.
I can certainly understand why you all love and enjoy being MavicPilots.

Attachments

• Inspiring.jpg
    Inspiring.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 25 years ago.JPG
    25 years ago.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
  • S800 EVO 360.JPG
    S800 EVO 360.JPG
    768.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Flying MavRic.jpg
    Flying MavRic.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find valuable support and feedback here. Wish you well on your flights. Look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying that Inspire, or any DJI quad is much easier than flying the old helicopters. They practically fly themselves.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice lost drone recovery
. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

You might consider hacking the FCC mode. It will give you higher signal strength and better protection from lost connection.

Glad to have you as a member!

Welcome to our Forum, from Hauptmann in Texas USA!

You'll find that flying that Inspire, or any DJI quad is much easier than flying the old helicopters. They practically fly themselves.

Read the manual, and be conservative at first. Practice lost drone recovery. Chances are you will crash and perhaps lose your bird. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

You might consider hacking the FCC mode. It will give you higher signal strength and better protection from lost connection.

Glad to have you as a member!

Thank you for the good advice it is much appreciated.
Regards, Paul

Hello to all and thank you for inviting me into the group, Paul here from Hook in Yorkshire UK
New to Drones and very excited to be back in the air again after a break of nearly 25 years, when I used to fly model helicopters.
Good to know I haven't lost my skill, I suppose it's like riding a bike, once learnt never forgotten.
Though I know there is so much more to learn and that education continues, it's like my TV Camera Work, after 43 years I still learn something new each day I work.
I'm busy practicing nearly every day on my Mavic Air with a second hand S800 EVO sitting in my office begging for me to pass my PfCO and attach my 360º Camera.
All this while I Camera Operate on the Inspire below for the Film & TV professional pilots I have the honour and pleasure of working with.
My flying is something to look forward to each day, especially during these dark and troublesome times we are all experiencing.
Welcome.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada