DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Liverpool UK

ped078

Reactions
Hi guys.

New Mavic pro pilot here...migrating from the official DJI forums as it looks like this forum has a technical side to it, and I'm an electronics engineer by trade.

Bought a second hand MP and took it out for its first flight (by me anyway) and it performed beautifully.

Brought it home and updated the firmware to latest official via DJI assistant 2 and the poor thing went haywire on its next flight.
Compass errors, magnetic interference ect. I tried to calibrate the compass...it failed twice but worked on the third time but again when flying I was getting compass errors.
I broght it home and saw the electronic demagnetizer for sale on ebay, but people were saying just get a strong magnet and rub it around the compass areas before forking out money, I did and it calibrated fine first time after that, is that the correct course of action? .
Not had the weather to test it.

Regards

Ped

Seems crazy that a firmware update would cause such serious problems with the AC which was working for all intents and purposes perfectly before the update!

Hope your new drone performs as expected when you fly next.

Welcome to the forum by the way ped

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.107656

Hello and welcome Ped,

Thats a strange and seemingly extreme way to get around a dodgy mag calibration, but if it worked, then hey all good.

Just remember when you Land, don't turn your back on your Mavic for too long or someone will have it up on bricks and your props will be gone (kidding, , I love dropping into Ince Blundell, smashing bunch of people up your way)

I did a stupid thing this morning, was way too eager to get my first proper view of some (only a sprinkle) snow & frost and took off without my HP being recorded.
Yaw errors, ATTI mode :eek: mag interference the lot. luckily I got it (MP) back under control.

Yeah! the weather's been pants the last couple of wks
video screen grab of when I hit Oh no! mode
vlcsnap-00009.png

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Also. please take a minute and enter your location on your profile. It will better help us to help you. Here is a link on how to update your location:

Please update your locations! Its so easy to do...

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Hi guys.

New Mavic pro pilot here...migrating from the official DJI forums as it looks like this forum has a technical side to it, and I'm an electronics engineer by trade.

Bought a second hand MP and took it out for its first flight (by me anyway) and it performed beautifully.

Brought it home and updated the firmware to latest official via DJI assistant 2 and the poor thing went haywire on its next flight.
Compass errors, magnetic interference ect. I tried to calibrate the compass...it failed twice but worked on the third time but again when flying I was getting compass errors.
I broght it home and saw the electronic demagnetizer for sale on ebay, but people were saying just get a strong magnet and rub it around the compass areas before forking out money, I did and it calibrated fine first time after that, is that the correct course of action? .
Not had the weather to test it.

Regards

Ped

Welcome to the forum![emoji16]

Reactions: ped078
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member