DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from MA USA!

Hi everyone. I finally got my first real drone - the Mavic Mini! Now just to find more time on calm wind days to fly around.

Quick question - for mini flyers that use the app UAV Forecast, what settings/limits do you use? 20mph gusts seems too high for the mini.
Hello,
Welcome to the forum. I don't have the mini but have read a few threads about people flying the mini in wind. Yes 20 mph sounds like quite a bit to me. You might consider posting in the mavic mini section.

Hi vij127 Welcome to Mavic Pilots
New flyer advice.
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Mini manual HERE
I did last night, thanks! I didn't even know where to find the manual until I saw it linked on this site. I found all of the documentation, or lack thereof, in the box odd.

I used to fly rc planes so know all about the danger of trees, doesn't mean I'm good at avoiding them. I have all my 'parts planes' to prove it.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and helpful advice. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

I've flown my Mini when UAV Forecast has said there are 25mph gusts. It did ok, but as has been said in the past, fly into the wind on your way out so that you aren't fighting it on your way home.

mikeg

Welcome! I’m in central Massachusetts. For the Mini, I used to go with 15mph at 50 feet. Take your time and get the feel before getting too brave with it. I flew mine about 4 months before I got tired of the wind issue as New England seems to never have calm winds. Bought a MA2 and now I can fly more confident more days.

Hi everyone. I finally got my first real drone - the Mavic Mini! Now just to find more time on calm wind days to fly around.

Quick question - for mini flyers that use the app UAV Forecast, what settings/limits do you use? 20mph gusts seems too high for the mini.
Welcome, northborough ma here, drone buddy has been pretty good for mr

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and helpful advice. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme