DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from newbie in Alabama

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

Welcome to you from the wide-open spaces of Texas!

The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. Lots of fellow Alabamans and others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer. Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you will and perhaps lose your MA2). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome back to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome!

My own 2 cents:
Read this: A short explanation of compass function, calibration and errors.

Fly without looking at your screen at first. Understand what drone orientation is, what the lights mean, and how to navigate without the display. (Saved me numerous times)

Set up your menu system before take off. Meaning set your RTH Altitude, your RTH action, the APAS stuff etc. All before you take off.

Pretend like Sport mode doesn't exist.

Enjoy your new addiction. ?

PS I also own the MA2

Welcome!

My own 2 cents:
Read this: A short explanation of compass function, calibration and errors.

Fly without looking at your screen at first. Understand what drone orientation is, what the lights mean, and how to navigate without the display. (Saved me numerous times)

Set up your menu system before take off. Meaning set your RTH Altitude, your RTH action, the APAS stuff etc. All before you take off.

Pretend like Sport mode doesn't exist.

Enjoy your new addiction. ?

PS I also own the MA2

Thanks for the link, that's a great read and a valuable lesson!

I'd say your other tips are worth more than 2 cents ;).
  1. I went thru the first 3 batteries just flying around the yard at head height just getting a feel for response times, reading the lights & just getting comfortable with it. I got braver on the 4th flight & went up higher & further using the screen. That's when I discovered how easy it is to get disorientated when everything looks the same. RTH sure saved me there :oops:!
    Luckily I"d gone thru all the menus before ever leaving the ground and had set the RTH height to overcompensate for anything remotely around us.
  2. I know what it means when you say this, but I "assumed" the menus will retain the last settings until you change them again?
  3. Sport mode? What Sport mode? ;)
You're absolutely right, I"m definitely addicted!! Thanks for the tips, I'll take any and all that that I can get.

I'm the proud new owner of a Mavic Air 2 and am having a blast! This is my first drone so I've got a lot to learn, but I'm really looking forward to it.

I've been thru a fair number of posts already as part of my pre-purchase research, thanks for the assist and confirmation :).
where in al do you live i live in Dothan.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ