DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi From Ossining, NY

jrandolla

Reactions
Am a total beginner with drones. Just received and unpacked my brand new Mavic 2 Pro with Combo Pack. Have been working on setting everything up before making first flight. I downloaded the Go To app onto my iPhone X, and went through the configuration process (some issues with "mag interf" so had to re-download). Question: I now want to use my iPad instead (have a tablet holder) of iPhone...Can I just download the GoTo app onto my iPad without any issues (am I counted a 2nd user?) so that I can have a choice of using my iPad or iPhone when I fly? I can see having an iPad dedicated solely to my drone(s) and I happen to have an extra iPad. Thoughts? (btw...I apologize up front if this is not the right part of the Forum to be asking these types of questions)

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Checkout the full 60 page online only DJI manual for your drone. Get it here... scroll down a bit on the page. Manual is below the tutorials.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Am a total beginner with drones. Just received and unpacked my brand new Mavic 2 Pro with Combo Pack. Have been working on setting everything up before making first flight. I downloaded the Go To app onto my iPhone X, and went through the configuration process (some issues with "mag interf" so had to re-download). Question: I now want to use my iPad instead (have a tablet holder) of iPhone...Can I just download the GoTo app onto my iPad without any issues (am I counted a 2nd user?) so that I can have a choice of using my iPad or iPhone when I fly? I can see having an iPad dedicated solely to my drone(s) and I happen to have an extra iPad. Thoughts? (btw...I apologize up front if this is not the right part of the Forum to be asking these types of questions)

Welcome to the group!

Welcome from New City, NY.

You can use as many devices as you'd like to fly your quad with DJI Go 4; iOS and/or Android as long as the OS version supports DJI Go 4. As long as you log in with the same username and password, and at some time press the cloud sync icon in the upper right, all your flight data history will be aggregated.

Enjoy your new drone. (Ensure it has adequate satellites before taking off so return to home is an option and take it above the height of the highest tree and go slow until you're comfortable. PM me if you'd like to meet up somewhere near Bear Mountain/Harriman to fly.)

Welcome from New City, NY.

You can use as many devices as you'd like to fly your quad with DJI Go 4; iOS and/or Android as long as the OS version supports DJI Go 4. As long as you log in with the same username and password, and at some time press the cloud sync icon in the upper right, all your flight data history will be aggregated.

Enjoy your new drone. (Ensure it has adequate satellites before taking off so return to home is an option and take it above the height of the highest tree and go slow until you're comfortable. PM me if you'd like to meet up somewhere near Bear Mountain/Harriman to fly.)

This doesn't seem to be the right way reply to a message in the forum. I'm used to using a reply "box/rectangle" thing that shows after clicking on "reply". At any rate, late me give this a shot. I've figured out that I can use my iPad and iPhone interchangeably. I am bedeviled by having the same issue when I tried to connect my iPad as I did with my iPhone when I first used it to connect..."mag interf" "check app". I haven't figured this one out yet. I fixed it on my iPhone by simply reloading GoTo app but that hasn't worked on my iPad.

There is also this confusion I have with "calibrating"...do I have to do this calibration thing every time I change batteries? I saw this on a video for Beginners, and was completely confused because I could not imagine why the battery cares about compass "calibrations". So far, I haven't gotten to fly my new drone yet. I'll try again, maybe tomorrow...too many "start up" issues with the software, and my own failure to completely understand the wide variety of instructions I'm getting from various You Tube videos.

It would be great to meet up with you somewhere around Bear Mountain area at some point down the road. Right now however, I'm stuck trying to get my Mavic 2 pro off the ground!

This doesn't seem to be the right way reply to a message in the forum. I'm used to using a reply "box/rectangle" thing that shows after clicking on "reply". At any rate, late me give this a shot. I've figured out that I can use my iPad and iPhone interchangeably. I am bedeviled by having the same issue when I tried to connect my iPad as I did with my iPhone when I first used it to connect..."mag interf" "check app". I haven't figured this one out yet. I fixed it on my iPhone by simply reloading GoTo app but that hasn't worked on my iPad.

There is also this confusion I have with "calibrating"...do I have to do this calibration thing every time I change batteries? I saw this on a video for Beginners, and was completely confused because I could not imagine why the battery cares about compass "calibrations". So far, I haven't gotten to fly my new drone yet. I'll try again, maybe tomorrow...too many "start up" issues with the software, and my own failure to completely understand the wide variety of instructions I'm getting from various You Tube videos.

It would be great to meet up with you somewhere around Bear Mountain area at some point down the road. Right now however, I'm stuck trying to get my Mavic 2 pro off the ground!
The mag interference hopefully/likely means either you're near a large ferrous object (automobile) or you need to calibrate your compass in DJI Go 4.

I had the exact same indication when I unboxed my M2P (bought an Amazon Warehouse return), and a compass calibration, performed outside where I was going to fly, solved the issue in a few moments. I'll also get Mag Interference in my kitchen, but that's irrelevant as I only prepare there.

I highly doubt you'll have to repeat the procedure with any frequency provided you fly in the same region; e.g., anywhere in the Northeast will likely not require recalibration.

I'm up at Mountain Creek/Vernon,NJ atm with my M2P; reach out once you solve the mag interference.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi from New Zealand.

The mag interference hopefully/likely means either you're near a large ferrous object (automobile) or you need to calibrate your compass in DJI Go 4.

I had the exact same indication when I unboxed my M2P (bought an Amazon Warehouse return), and a compass calibration, performed outside where I was going to fly, solved the issue in a few moments. I'll also get Mag Interference in my kitchen, but that's irrelevant as I only prepare there.

I highly doubt you'll have to repeat the procedure with any frequency provided you fly in the same region; e.g., anywhere in the Northeast will likely not require recalibration.

I'm up at Mountain Creek/Vernon,NJ atm with my M2P; reach out once you solve the mag interference.

I solved the "mag interf" problem (longish story), and got to fly my M2P for the first time today! I stayed in "Beginner" mode and will likely want to do a few more flights in this mode before advancing. I have an interesting situation because I live very close to Sing Sing prison (we are at the peak of a mountain overlooking the Hudson, and I can actually see one of the prison's exercise yards from the very north end of the property) and so I keep getting warnings that I might be "encroaching". The warnings I'm getting seems dire...like I could find myself in a no-fly zone where I think I could lose control of the drone altogether if I get too close. Anyway, it was great fun to get the thing up and running for the first time and I am sure I'll be more confident after a few more trials. To be continued...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S