DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Sydney

Onward and Upward - Brisbane - Queensland

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Cool mate, welcome to the forum.
Some big changes coming up for Aussie UAV pilots, keep abreast of the rego / testing coming via CASA website.

The new OpenSky (replaces Can I Fly There ?) app seems to be ok in general, a little different in how it works moving the map etc.
If you haven't already downloaded that, it's a good step for knowing where you can fly safely, along with the usual CASA rules to fly.

Enjoy the Air, BIL has one and it takes some great video.

Reactions: ZX14-R
Thank you for the heads up. The funny thing I opened the box and find out my note 9 doesnt fit in haha i need to buy the extension clip. I hope it I'll fit note 10 plus too later as I am getting note 10 plus. I heard about CASA and new rules. Is the registration going ahead?

Yes rego is coming for hobbyists, info here.

I didn’t think it was time yet for this, newsletters I get indicated into next year.
On my phone now but will check into those notices when I get a chance later today, and check the links in the website above too.

First time flying and just got Mavic Air. Looking forward to read and learn people experiences. :)
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Sure. Thank you guys. I need to get that extension asap :p

Ok, nothing to do as yet, late this year they start the registration process with commercial operators.
Next year they do hobbyists.

You can sign up for the newsletter to keep updated, bottom of this page . . .

Also, might pay to just beat the rush and get your ARN (aviation reference number) now, very simple online application, so you are ready to go do the rego of your drone, and the online rules test.

Meanwhile, you're free to fly and learn your new hobby following the rules of flight, and by checking the OpenSky app map before flight.
Enjoy.

Thank you for the heads up. The funny thing I opened the box and find out my note 9 doesnt fit in haha i need to buy the extension clip. I hope it I'll fit note 10 plus too later as I am getting note 10 plus. I heard about CASA and new rules. Is the registration going ahead?

Bummer about the note9 mounting.
When you feel the need for a larger viewing device, take a look for a good refurbished ipad mini4, they are probably the most useful size and work great with DJI products.
They fit into the controller arms, and all you need is the lightning cable, I use this one from Officeworks . . .
But mine is about 300mm unstretched, up to possibly 500mm stretched, but it normally just stays nicely coiled up.
I use it sometimes in the arms of the controller directly, or with the Lifthor mount.

Welcome to the forum from the Sunshine State of Florida! Hope you enjoy the forum!

Bummer about the note9 mounting.
When you feel the need for a larger viewing device, take a look for a good refurbished ipad mini4, they are probably the most useful size and work great with DJI products.
They fit into the controller arms, and all you need is the lightning cable, I use this one from Officeworks . . .
But mine is about 300mm unstretched, up to possibly 500mm stretched, but it normally just stays nicely coiled up.
I use it sometimes in the arms of the controller directly, or with the Lifthor mount.
Thank you for the suggestion mate. :) I have just purchased the clip I read on one of the magic user. I borrowed someone picture. Ty in advance :). I kinda like the idea of the bracket.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190822-082709_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190822-082709_Chrome.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum :)

Thank you for the suggestion mate. :) I have just purchased the clip I read on one of the magic user. I borrowed someone picture. Ty in advance :). I kinda like the idea of the bracket.

Actually that phone is not a bad size, and looks like a decent position for flying . . . if your eyes are pretty ok, you will likely do very fine with that.

Funny, I thought the phone would be smaller, I can get my ipad mni4 into the arms no worries, just.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Yes rego is coming for hobbyists, info here.

I didn’t think it was time yet for this, newsletters I get indicated into next year.
On my phone now but will check into those notices when I get a chance later today, and check the links in the website above too.

Yep the last email I got said starting next year - licence holders first and then the recreational guys.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Yep the last email I got said starting next year - licence holders first and then the recreational guys.

Indeed that's the last update of relevance I received.
Strange no mention of timings on the official website.
People going there could be looking all over there, trying to find where to register their drone, do the test, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike