DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from the good old UK

sbishop1488

Reactions
Hi,

Ordered my Mavic Pro bundle today and it looks like it's coming Monday morning (not excited at all lol). I'm pretty up on most things since I currently fly a Phantom 3 Standard but I'm confused about the plastic bubble cover around the gimbal and camera, I know you need to remove the gimbal holder before flying but not 100% sure if you should put the plastic bubble back on, I've seen loads of conflicting views about this and not sure what to believe. I imagine I'd leave it off for any serious filming but wanted to know if I can leave it on for other occasions, like practicing etc. Any ideas folks?

Best regards to all
Bish

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi,

Ordered my Mavic Pro bundle today and it looks like it's coming Monday morning (not excited at all lol). I'm pretty up on most things since I currently fly a Phantom 3 Standard but I'm confused about the plastic bubble cover around the gimbal and camera, I know you need to remove the gimbal holder before flying but not 100% sure if you should put the plastic bubble back on, I've seen loads of conflicting views about this and not sure what to believe. I imagine I'd leave it off for any serious filming but wanted to know if I can leave it on for other occasions, like practicing etc. Any ideas folks?

Best regards to all
Bish
Welcome aboard sbishop!:)
There are threads here on Mavic Pilots about keeping the dome on or off.
Plastic Dome Camera Protector
You can search for others as well,
Good luck!:cool:

Hi,

Best regards to all
Bish

The bottom line is, leave it on if you want to "mess around"/practice/not use the camera and take it off if you want to use the camera.

BUT.... If your reasoning is that leaving it on will provide you with a bit of reassurance that if you crash, it's going to protect the gimbal, it wont

It was more of a case of folks saying you should never fly with it on, then others saying it's ok to fly, why DJI don't state this in the user manual I don't know. It's not to protect the gimbal, more the lens, I'm getting a UV filter for the lens to protect but that's probably not going to arrive until about 2 weeks after the drone so I'll only use the bubble until that arrives.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .:)

Reactions: sbishop1488
Hi,

Best regards to all
Bish
Howdy from Wyoming sbishop1488, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: sbishop1488
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom