DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from the Highlands, Scotland

Jake 61

Reactions
Hi All,
I just got my Mavic today. Been promising myself a good drone for a while, so bit the bullet and took advantage of a good discount code to save a nice amount on a Combo deal.
I was looking for advice on DJI-GO 4, for Android. I'll be using a Samsung Galaxy S8, (hopefully), to use my Mavic but most of the reviews shot it down in flames. After reading a few threads on here, I think things may not be as bad as I thought.
Lots to read and digest but, I hope to take the first steps tomorrow, (if the snow gets a shift on).
Batteries charged, remote charged, app loaded.

Fingers crossed...!

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Jake 61
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Hi All,
I just got my Mavic today. Been promising myself a good drone for a while, so bit the bullet and took advantage of a good discount code to save a nice amount on a Combo deal.
I was looking for advice on DJI-GO 4, for Android. I'll be using a Samsung Galaxy S8, (hopefully), to use my Mavic but most of the reviews shot it down in flames. After reading a few threads on here, I think things may not be as bad as I thought.
Lots to read and digest but, I hope to take the first steps tomorrow, (if the snow gets a shift on).

Fingers crossed...!
Howdy from Wyoming @Jake 61 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hi All,

Fingers crossed...!

Welcome to the forum .... lots of places to fly in the UK ..

If you haven't already install UAV Forcast and Drone Assist to help with flying conditions and locations.

As far as your S8 goes just close all your background apps and put it into flight mode wifi off etc and you should be fine.

Last edited:
Welcome from Chicago USA.

It would seem as though DJI favors and gears their software to run better on Apple products, that could be why the reviews on your Galaxy may not be the most positive.

Hey Guy's, thanks for the great welcome and advice so far.
Today is a beautiful sunny day in the Highlands, so I'm not putting the maiden flight off any longer. Just checking and double checking everything before I head out.

Thumbswayup

Reactions: Anthony
Hey Guy's, thanks for the great welcome and advice so far.
Today is a beautiful sunny day in the Highlands, so I'm not putting the maiden flight off any longer. Just checking and double checking everything before I head out.

Thumbswayup

Good luck and let us know how your first flight goes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots