DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from the Southern tip of Africa

Alb51

Reactions
Hey everyone

New to the forum from South Africa. I've been flying a Mavic mini for just over a year now and have incorporated it into my studies (I am a PhD Ecology student focusing on crocodiles).

Would love some feedback on the Mavic Air 2 as I am very interested in upgrading but have some very specific questions and needs for the Drone.
Anyone with a MA2 willing to throw me a bone? It will be much appreciated.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Alb51.

I have one but I'm not sure if I can give advice about crocodile patrol. ? :oops:

I'm still new to flying my MA2 but from what I've read, it's much better than the original Mavic Mini.

The optical zoom alone would be a plus for filming crocs.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?

Hi all
Thanks for the warm welcome

I am specifically interested to know if the 48mp mapping mode as used with Dronelink will give me any advantages re. GSD (Ground sampling distance)(the distance on the ground that each pixel represents). With the mini flying at 40m altitude I am getting about 1.42 cm/px and on paper the MA2 is much better at 0.71cm/px.

What I am struggling to find out is whether or not the 48mp mapping mode actually works on Dronelink and what the output photographs look like.
I process images on OpenDroneMap and if anyone is willing I can create a cool orthomosaic of an area if you are willing to fly using dronelink and send me some pics.

Hope that answers some of your questions

Thanks again

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi all
Thanks for the warm welcome

I am specifically interested to know if the 48mp mapping mode as used with Dronelink will give me any advantages re. GSD (Ground sampling distance)(the distance on the ground that each pixel represents). With the mini flying at 40m altitude I am getting about 1.42 cm/px and on paper the MA2 is much better at 0.71cm/px.

What I am struggling to find out is whether or not the 48mp mapping mode actually works on Dronelink and what the output photographs look like.
I process images on OpenDroneMap and if anyone is willing I can create a cool orthomosaic of an area if you are willing to fly using dronelink and send me some pics.

Hope that answers some of your questions

Thanks again
I'm not sure I can answer any of your questions, but welcome from Oregon in the U.S. If camera specifications mean anything in such surface plotting, the MA2 is 4K. As you know, the MM is 2K. I don't know anything about Dronelink but will have to check it out.

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Hey everyone

New to the forum from South Africa. I've been flying a Mavic mini for just over a year now and have incorporated it into my studies (I am a PhD Ecology student focusing on crocodiles).

Would love some feedback on the Mavic Air 2 as I am very interested in upgrading but have some very specific questions and needs for the Drone.
Welcome to the forum the beautiful mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242