DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from the UK (North Lincs area)

Rick448

Reactions
Hi all,

I am just awaiting delivery of my new Mavic Air 2 drone, and am looking forward to entering the world of drones. I have been into photography for many years, but have never used a drone before. I have already got my Flyer and Operator ID and have started my A2 COC course to allow me to benefit from the transition period rules.

I live in North Lincs and work at Humberisde Airport, my house is just within the restricted zone, so no flying in my back garden... I am looking forward to joining in discussions and learning more about this new hobby.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am just awaiting delivery of my new Mavic Air 2 drone, and am looking forward to entering the world of drones. I have been into photography for many years, but have never used a drone before.
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Don't do it your going to get addicted LOL JUST KIDDING your going to love it the air 2 is awesome my opinion stay safe have fun flying don't forget to read the manual. and make a preflight check list before flying it better to be safe than sorry greetings from ? Florida

Welcome to the forum! :)

Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.
Thanks for the detailed reply, there looks to be some great info for me to digest there. :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. ?

Hi all,

I am just awaiting delivery of my new Mavic Air 2 drone, and am looking forward to entering the world of drones. I have been into photography for many years, but have never used a drone before. I have already got my Flyer and Operator ID and have started my A2 COC course to allow me to benefit from the transition period rules.

I live in North Lincs and work at Humberisde Airport, my house is just within the restricted zone, so no flying in my back garden... I am looking forward to joining in discussions and learning more about this new hobby.
Hi Rick and welcome. I was in your situation a couple of years ago and would offer this. When your shiny new machine arrives first thing to do is find a good 'unboxing' video on Utube, which coupled with the user manual will take you through the basic steps required before your first flight. I found this a lot more helpful than just reading the manual. Have fun ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143