DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Virginia

RCKable

Reactions
I've been flying quads for a couple years but only the "toy" drones, (less then $200) but wanted to jump into a more advanced drone. After numerous hours of videos and reading I bought a Mavic Pro. I havent flown it, only upgraded firmware and played with the simulator. I was waiting for my State Farm insurance person to get back as no one in his office knows how yo do Drone Insurance but him. Looking forward to reading what people post about here.

Lynchburg Va area.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavicpilots! I'm in Roanoke, started with cheap drones, and did like you, waited till my State Farm was in place to fly the Mavic. If your agent can't get it sorted, I can give you the contact info for mine, he was really nice, and here in Va the minimum is $30, unlike most state where its $60. Whole fly more package covered for $35.

Maybe we can get up sometime. I need a sucker...err someone to try out my flotation device. (Hopefully you got refresh?)

Last edited:
Reactions: RCKable
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I was waiting for my State Farm insurance person to get back as no one in his office knows how yo do Drone Insurance but him.
You can find more information about State Farm insurance here.

Thanks all. Got the insurance all taken care of. I am the first person to ever come in and ask for it. He knew how to do it but the other ladies didn't so they didn't want to screw it up, which led to me waiting on him. $30 for $1100 no deductible, I have renters insurance so that covers the houses/cars/people that could be harmed in case of mechanical failure, I mean it surely won't be pilot error right?
I bought mine mavic from Best Buy (due to shipping from dji complaints on other forums), and after I did the firmware upgrades I went to DJI website and purchased the Care Refresh. Can never have too much reassurance you aren't loosing $1K.

Reactions: Stride8
Maybe we can get up sometime. I need a sucker...err someone to try out my flotation device. (Hopefully you got refresh?)
Heck yeah, I always make sure I have a sucker I mean helper around me so maybe its time I feel what they go thru.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .:)

I've been flying quads for a couple years but only the "toy" drones, (less then $200) but wanted to jump into a more advanced drone. After numerous hours of videos and reading I bought a Mavic Pro. I havent flown it, only upgraded firmware and played with the simulator. I was waiting for my State Farm insurance person to get back as no one in his office knows how yo do Drone Insurance but him. Looking forward to reading what people post about here.

Lynchburg Va area.
Howdy from Wyoming RCKable, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929