DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Western Australia!

Davros007

Reactions
Just bought a used Mavic Pro, great fun! First drone ever. Down the local beach (Elephant Rocks) last Sunday, really nice. As you can see, pretty blessed here for space!! Just scored with some batteries too: a big store in Au has pro platinums for sale at $99Au new, and my local store price matched! So scoped a couple up. Here we can go to 120m above ground level, no rego needed. But not at night or out of line of sight -probably pretty usual rules.
21D823AC-5147-4745-8D90-05FDBB35B211.jpegDB91ADE9-D04D-4315-8C58-621F4A8F4796.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum Davros007.
You're blessed with WA beaches, mind you, inland is pretty unique too.
Enjoy the new hobby, and keep taking those pics and vids.

So which retailer is doing the $99 batteries ?
Had a quick look around, couldn't find a $99 special going.
I have 4 now, but maybe another might be nice for longer trips, and possibly I can get a couple of cheapies for the Spark if they have them going out too.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum Davros007.
You're blessed with WA beaches, mind you, inland is pretty unique too.
Enjoy the new hobby, and keep taking those pics and vids.

So which retailer is doing the $99 batteries ?
Had a quick look around, couldn't find a $99 special going.
I have 4 now, but maybe another might be nice for longer trips, and possibly I can get a couple of cheapies for the Spark if they have them going out too.
Hi! Officeworks of all places! They are advertising as only available in-store but H N matched them!

Hi! Officeworks of all places! They are advertising as only available in-store but H N matched them!

Ta mate, had a look, back to $149 at Officeworks. . . BUT I searched the PT25 battery code for DJI M1P, and found Teds Cameras have them for $99.95 !! :) :)
Special order, but that's ok.
Just ordered 2 to pick up when in Brisbane for a couple of weeks soon.

Thanks again for the prompt to look around, with 6 batteries I can do some serious between charge outings with that.

In fact I plan to camp Moreton Is in a couple of weekends, and film Tangalooma wrecks, so these will come in handy !!

Ta mate, had a look, back to $149 at Officeworks. . . BUT I searched the PT25 battery code for DJI M1P, and found Teds Cameras have them for $99.95 !! :) :)

Thanks again for the prompt to look around, with 6 batteries I can do some serious between charge outings with that.

In fact I plan to camp Moreton Is in a couple of weekends, and film Tangalooma wrecks, so these will come in handy !!
Officeworks still there! Try “DJI intelligent flight battery”. It’s the platinum one (works on Pro just different colour). If you march into Harvey Norman and show them they price match. So, NO ONE BUY THE ONE AT CANNINGTON OFFICE WORKS UNTIL HN RUN OUT! Haha. Unethical I guess...

Take care at Tangalooma, I’ve heard the local authority over there can be a pain in the ***. Haven’t tried myself yet, but have a friend that drives the boat to and from and he said he has seen a few people be hassled

Take care at Tangalooma, I’ve heard the local authority over there can be a pain in the ***. Haven’t tried myself yet, but have a friend that drives the boat to and from and he said he has seen a few people be hassled

Should be ok plan sunset and sunrise flights.
Boating authority ??
It’s ok I’m not sailing my Mavic [emoji51][emoji14]

Open Sky app I see nothing an issue but a few uncontrolled helipads.

Yep for sure and Qld Mat Pk, all ok to fly to CASA rules [emoji4]
I’m sure it’ll be fine, looks like the 7th 8th December weekend.

Tangalooma is a beaut spot, loads of drone and underwater vids on YouTube.
Hoping to get a mix of GoPro, drone, and phone footage to edit.

Just bought a used Mavic Pro, great fun! First drone ever. Down the local beach (Elephant Rocks) last Sunday, really nice. As you can see, pretty blessed here for space!! Just scored with some batteries too: a big store in Au has pro platinums for sale at $99Au new, and my local store price matched! So scoped a couple up. Here we can go to 120m above ground level, no rego needed. But not at night or out of line of sight -probably pretty usual rules.
View attachment 85882View attachment 85883
Very cool photos! Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, fly safe and have fun!

View attachment 85882View attachment 85883
Great pics. I am also from Albany

Attachments

• Middleton loop lookout.JPG
    Middleton loop lookout.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 2

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest