DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi got my Mavic a few weeks ago and looking for tips and places to fly in the North of England.

SteveJS

Reactions
Hi just joined the forum, I got my Mavic a few weeks ago but not had much chance to get out and fly yet. I built a 650 quad a few years ago which I still have but too big to travel with so finally got round to buying the Mavic. Any tips on place to fly in the North of England would be appreciated (live in the Wakefield area).

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi Steve
Welcome to the forum from a fellow West Yorky... A couple of places... Malham Cove, Gordale Scar and surrounding area, Bolton Abbey, Aysgarth Falls, Cow & Calf Rocks, these are just a few of the areas I've flown, search the web for Places of Natural Beauty, there is no shortage around here.. :)
Waylander

A lot of it is timing, much easier now it is quieter on weekdays if you can manage it and not too bad at weekends.
You don't need to go to well known places in fact better not in a way especially if not too confident at first you want to be more or less on your own.
Good weather and dayight is now diminishing. This makes more difference than anything as to how pleased you will be with results.
It is a much nicer expereience a more or less calm day. You can fly in stronger wind but ideally always fly upwind so it can't get away.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Hi just joined the forum, I got my Mavic a few weeks ago but not had much chance to get out and fly yet. I built a 650 quad a few years ago which I still have but too big to travel with so finally got round to buying the Mavic. Any tips on place to fly in the North of England would be appreciated (live in the Wakefield area).
Howdy from Wyoming SteveJS, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hi Steve
Welcome to the forum from a fellow West Yorky... A couple of places... Malham Cove, Gordale Scar and surrounding area, Bolton Abbey, Aysgarth Falls, Cow & Calf Rocks, these are just a few of the areas I've flown, search the web for Places of Natural Beauty, there is no shortage around here.. :)
Waylander

Know all these locations well, I'm also keen on landscape photography (but the two seem to go hand in hand these days). I need to take a few days off work and get there early when there's less people around. Thanks very much.

A lot of it is timing, much easier now it is quieter on weekdays if you can manage it and not too bad at weekends.
You don't need to go to well known places in fact better not in a way especially if not too confident at first you want to be more or less on your own.
Good weather and dayight is now diminishing. This makes more difference than anything as to how pleased you will be with results.
It is a much nicer expereience a more or less calm day. You can fly in stronger wind but ideally always fly upwind so it can't get away.
Thanks had a week off work just after I got it but the weather was quite windy so didn't want to risk it. got plenty of leave to take so will book some days off just to get the hours flying in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots