DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi guys.. Phantom or mavic?

Bazzo

Reactions
So I'm new to drones.. Had a few helicopters but have decided it's time to change..

Now don't laugh, I've just ordered a cheap Chinese one to have an initial go with... But I've got the option of a phantom 4 basic with spare battery.. For €700.euros cos I'm in Spain..
Is that a good buy? Apparently it has slight cosmetic damage.. Or do I go for a mavic..
I won't be using it in any proffesional way.. Just a bit if fun really.. I want it to be able to follow me on my bike or quad and take some good quality footage.. And needs to be idiot proof..

What's your recommendations.?
Phantom 4, mavic... Or just stay with the cheap Chinese one until I need more quality?.. And if I'm gonna stay with it?

Cheap one. If it’s something that you like, then go to the next step.

You sound like an active guy, so I would recommend Mavic Pro for its portability.

After I got my Mavic Pro I seemed to never fly my Phantom 4 Pro, so I sold it. No regrets. Another drone you might want to consider is the Spark. It is smaller than the Mavic(and less expensive) but it is still, very capable. As a practical matter, it has about a 10 minute flight time. When I got my Mavic Pro, I did NOT sell my Spark.

My own op[inion would be the Mavic Air.I cary everything I need in a small sholder bag and the MAQ will do anything that the pro will do. maybe a little less battery, but I( usually can get 16 min and still have enough to get home. I dont know about Spain, but you should be able to save a couple hundred bucks. I will admit that I have no experiznce with any of the other mAVICS, BUT MY ma does everything that you have mentioned, and does it quite well.

Reactions: Teddy warrick
Always boils down to what you feel like lugging around. Mp1, no. Mp2 pro, sure.
I’m not going to sell my p4p stuff.

Same here PoonDog.
Ot but you never answered here another warning
Hey, sorry about that. I have not gone back over to that site as of yet. Keep meaning to but get sidetracked. Got bad weather now but will get over there soon and will let you know. T^hanks for your help, much appreciated.

Reactions: dirkclod
If you're new to the hobby and not sure this is for you, maybe look for used or refurbished Mavic Pro. I've found size when packed up can be important on a bike. Most of my motorcycle buddies prefer the Mavic Air because of this but the pro is still fairly compact.

I flown a couple Phantoms couple different types of race drones even flow an Inspire 2 the mavic Zoom is like the Cadillac of drone in my experience and of course opinion

My own op[inion would be the Mavic Air.I cary everything I need in a small sholder bag and the MAQ will do anything that the pro will do. maybe a little less battery, but I( usually can get 16 min and still have enough to get home. I dont know about Spain, but you should be able to save a couple hundred bucks. I will admit that I have no experiznce with any of the other mAVICS, BUT MY ma does everything that you have mentioned, and does it quite well.
I was going to say the Air also I have one and love it.....

The Phantom 4 Pro will be hard to get without paying a hefty price tag. If you upgrade from the "cheap" drone, go with the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom

Mavic pro - you will thank us later - portability biggest selling feature and good range

Go with Mavic pro portable easy to use I have both Mavic pro 2zoom and phantom 4pro plus I use my phantom more because of Quality photo and video but live my Mavic

For what it's worth- I just returned from 10 day photo tour (workshop) of Iceland and am now post-processing my DNG (stills). I am distressed that all of the images are grainy and noisy despite the fact that most of the time I set the ISO at 100. The videos, not so much. Beginning to have buyer's remorse that maybe I should be shooting Hasselblad lens on Mavic Pro 2??? Glacier-downward-view-drone-DJI_0227.jpegGlacier-downward-view-drone-DJI_0227.jpegGlacier-downward-view-drone-DJI_0227.jpegGlacier-drone-view_0242.jpegGlacier-downward-view-drone-DJI_0227.jpegGlacier-drone-view_0242.jpegGlacierPanorama-7837.jpegJokulsarlon-berg-2-7731.jpegJokulsarlon-bergs-2-7946.jpegGlacier-downward-view-drone-DJI_0227.jpegGlacier-drone-view_0242.jpegGlacierPanorama-7837.jpegJokulsarlon-berg-2-7731.jpegJokulsarlon-bergs-2-7946.jpeg

Ah, the eternal debate continues...

I started with a phantom 4pro but have only flown it once since I brought my Air in February. Brought the Air as I was travelling for a month and haven’t regretted it. Will be selling my Pro and spending the money on filters and maybe an Osmo Action.

Personal preferences I guess. Lots of reviews out there but i’d start by asking, what am I going to use this for? Can be an expensive decision if you get it wrong.

Good luck

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S