DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi, I’m a newbie. (UK Nottingham)

Dozzle71

Reactions
Hi. I just started out and purchased a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and am learning how to fly using the DJI Go app. I anticipate issues in the future as I’m 48 and a bit dense, so if I request advice from you experts, I’ll very much appreciate some guidance. Many thanks and look forward to learning. I’m also a professional helicopter engineer, but my knowledge is useless regarding these machines. Cheers!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome!
I'm from Sutton in Ashfield so pretty local.
Been flying for about a year so still learning myself, but this site is most helpful, also watch plenty of YouTube videos, they are a great learning tool.

Reactions: Stormin
Welcome!
I'm from Sutton in Ashfield so pretty local.
Been flying for about a year so still learning myself, but this site is most helpful, also watch plenty of YouTube videos, they are a great learning tool.
Hi and thanks for replying. I realise now that I should be on the phantom pilot website, which I’ve recently subscribed to. Yes, YouTube has been invaluable this past week as I must’ve watched about 40 vids so far and counting. Is there a local club that I could join. I think there may be one around Nottingham. Other people’s knowledge is so welcome when you have a new machine. Thanks again for your reply. Cheers!

Hiya!
I think there is a local club but I just enjoy mine with a few friends, it's quite addictive! Lol.
There is plenty of tips, help and advice on this site and find them very helpful and approachable even to us newbies.

Glyn.

Welcome to the forum :)

Hiya!
I think there is a local club but I just enjoy mine with a few friends, it's quite addictive! Lol.
There is plenty of tips, help and advice on this site and find them very helpful and approachable even to us newbies.

Glyn.
Thanks for the input. All positive and nice to know that like minded folk are at hand. Many thanks!

Hi. I just started out and purchased a DJI Phantom 3 Pro and am learning how to fly using the DJI Go app. I anticipate issues in the future as I’m 48 and a bit dense, so if I request advice from you experts, I’ll very much appreciate some guidance. Many thanks and look forward to learning. I’m also a professional helicopter engineer, but my knowledge is useless regarding these machines. Cheers!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi and thanks for replying. I realise now that I should be on the phantom pilot website, which I’ve recently subscribed to. Yes, YouTube has been invaluable this past week as I must’ve watched about 40 vids so far and counting. Is there a local club that I could join. I think there may be one around Nottingham. Other people’s knowledge is so welcome when you have a new machine. Thanks again for your reply. Cheers!
I don't know if there's a drone club in the Nottingham area but there's one north of Leicester which meets at the "Gates Hangs Well" pub on the Fosse Way, Syston, Leicester every Sunday from 3 pm till 5 pm. We use the pub's facilities at the rear of its location which means we have access to their toilets, restaurant and refreshments as & when needed. Not only do we have access to the field at the back of the pub but also have permission to overfly an adjacent farmer's fields (as long as we don't fly too close to his cows) and a lake, the home of Syston Sailing Club plus the nearby River Wreake, all of which makes for interesting views to practise one's camera techniques. Check out www.leicesterdrones.com/club or YouTube for a video made by a visiting Chinese student from Nottingham Trent University and his video on drones for his phd thesis, "0621runbov2" which shows aerial and ground views of our site. It's also used by FPV racing drone flyers and those of us who just want to video scenes or take photos to hone our expertise and pick up tips & further knowledge from others more experienced than ourselves. No annual membership fees just £2 per 2 hour session. You'd be very welcome.

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City. You said in your introduction, that you anticipate issues in the future.
My hat is off to you, being a professional helicopter engineer, and still humble enough to ask for help and guidance
in learning new things. Besides this forum, you can get help with any issues by clinking Mavic Help or Mavic Tips.
Mavic Pilots forum, is a very useful tool to help you gain knowledge and confidence when flying.
Fly safe and have fun. Happy Hovering.

Welcome from Chicago the Windy City. You said in your introduction, that you anticipate issues in the future.
My hat is off to you, being a professional helicopter engineer, and still humble enough to ask for help and guidance
in learning new things. Besides this forum, you can get help with any issues by clinking Mavic Help or Mavic Tips.
Mavic Pilots forum, is a very useful tool to help you gain knowledge and confidence when flying.
Fly safe and have fun. Happy Hovering.
Hi and thanks for your reply from ‘across the pond’. We always appreciate that nobody can know everything about an aircraft. There’s always something new to learn and hopefully pass on to your co-workers. I imagine the same rules will apply when learning how to operate a complex flying machine like a DJI drone. Everybody has been so helpful so far and it’s great to know that there’s tech support at hand. Many thanks for your welcome and I’m loving familiarising myself with my new toy. Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851