DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi! New pilot here from Sonoma County

Chaosrock

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to drones. The only RC vehicles I've used are wheeled. I have a Mavic Mini with the Fly More set. I've added some motor protectors to the MM, as well as some leg extenders.

So far I've only flown around my town at a small park near my kids' school. I feel super nervous to let the drone get too far from me. I set the max height and distance to their minimum settings for now.

I was blown away by the experience of flying the drone for the first time. Even just 15 meters off the ground it was quite a view around my neighborhood! I'm from Santa Rosa, CA. I'd love to meet up with other drone pilots to learn what I can and see the awesome rigs that others are using.

As far as what I plan on using the drone for: right now I think mostly just exploration. Getting to see places that I can't reach on foot. Eventually I'd like to learn more about aerial photography.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. Its not a bad thing being cautious at first until you get completely comfortable with the aircraft, you will keep yourself from getting into trouble that way. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Mini!

Thanks,
FDS Team

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore